Weather Forecast


Dodge lost to fire in Wendy's parking lot

Brainerd firefighters spray foam on a car in the Wendy’s parking lot Wednesday afternoon. There were no injuries reported and the car was a total loss. Brainerd Dispatch/Steve Kohls

The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 4:22 p.m. Wednesday of a 1999 Dodge Stratus that was on fire in the Wendy's parking lot, 510 Washington St., in Brainerd.

Brainerd police and Wendy's employees first began extinguishing the fire until firefighters arrived to totally put out the fire. The fire appeared to have started in the motor compartment around the battery. The car was a total loss.

Firefighters also were called at 3:04 a.m. Wednesday to an apartment building on the 13000 block of Cypress Drive. It was reported that there was an equipment failure.