Entertainment Briefs - Aug. 28
Quilt Appraiser to present meeting in Aitkin
AITKIN - Quilt Appraiser Bev Proulx will speak at 1 p.m. Sept. 9 during the Ripple River Quilter's meeting at the 40 Club Convention Center in Aitkin.
Cost is free to members of $5 for non-members.
Proulx, a former high school and college English teacher, drama director and speech coach, will use her antique and contemporary collection to look at how quilters have used color for the past 200 years.
Proulx has been quilting for more than 45 years and studying fabric history for more than 35 years. She began her antique and vintage collection about 25 years ago when she bought her first antique blocks. In the past 15 years, she has added quilts, tops, blocks, fabric pieces and yardage to her collection.
Those interested in having their quilt appraised, may bring their quilt and pay a $40 fee for Proulx to appraise it.
Contact Linda Hilk at 952-200-4336 to register.
Greater Lakes Area Performing Arts 2014-15 season announced
The performing arts have had a home at the Pequot Lakes High School for over 30 years through the organizational work of the Greater Lakes Area Performing Arts (GLAPA).
The season of six performance opportunities will kick off with the Heartland Symphony Orchestra on Friday, Oct. 10.
Call 218—568-9200 for information on the season options or go online at www.glapa.info.
• The Heartland Symphony Orchestra is presenting their fall Russian Masters concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 10 in Pequot Lakes.
• The fall musical production by the Pequot Lakes Community Theater of "Singing in the Rain" is presented through special arrangement with Music Theater International (MTI). Performances are Nov. 14, 15, 16 and Nov. 21, 22, and 23. The Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday shows are at 2 p.m.
• Consensus Vocal Ensemble, a Brainerd based a cappella ensemble will be at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 31, 2015.
• The Minneapolis Guitar Quartet with Colette Illarde will appear at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21, 2015. Attend the guitar workshop from 1 to 3 p.m. and the dance workshop from 3 to 4 p.m.
• The Pequot Lakes Community Theater production of "The Game's Afoot or Holmes for the Holidays" are March 20, 21, 22 and March 27, 28, 29. Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. Sundays at 2 p.m.
• The Looney Lutherans will perform at 7:30 p.m. April 18, 2015.
Season pass are $70 for adults, $60 for seniors (age 60 and over) and $50 for youth (age 18 and under).
The new family ticket package provides four tickets (two adults and two youth) for all six shows of the season for $150.