Five lakes area women compete for Miss Minnesota title
Five young women from the Brainerd lakes area will compete this week in the Miss Minnesota Pageant in Eden Prairie.
• Maren Goff, Miss Moorhead. She is the daughter of Patrick and Beverly Goff of East Gull Lake. A Brainerd High School graduate, she is studying mass communications at Minnesota State University, Moorhead. Her platform is "Reading Rocks: Promoting Children's Literacy While Making Reading Fun."
• Savannah Cole, Miss Southern Valley. She is the daughter of Rick and Deb Cole of Brainerd. A BHS graduate, she is studying physical therapy at North Dakota State University. Her platform is "Join the Conversation: Epilepsy Awareness."
• Bailey Wachholz, Miss Brainerd Lakes. She is the daughter of Duane and Pam Wachholz of Nisswa. A BHS graduate, she is studying accounting, financing and leadership at Bethel University. Her platform is "Remember Me? Alzheimer's Through The Eyes of a Child."
• Lauren Johnson, Miss Central Lakes. She is the daughter of David and Shelly Johnson of Brainerd. A BHS graduate, she is studying exercise physiology at the College of St. Scholastica. Her platform is "The Weight of the Issue," eating disorder awareness.
• Emily Lundgren, Miss Heart of the Lakes. She is the daughter of Jared and Beth Lundgren of Aitkin. An Aitkin High School graduate, she is studying psychology at the College of St. Scholastica. Her platform is "One Life — Let's Be Healthy for It."
Reigning Miss Minnesota Rebecca Yeh, the daughter of Tim and Kathy Yeh of Nisswa, will relinquish her crown to her successor. She is studying pharmacy at the University of Northern Ohio. Her platform has been "My Voice for Philip," autism awareness.