Fine Arts Student of the Week
• Year: Senior.
• Age: 17.
• Art focus: Advanced TV Productions.
• Adviser nomination: TV Productions adviser said “Bobbi has been a TV Productions student for three years. It’s been fun to see her skills grow over the years. She’s now the leader and plays a key role in all we do.”
• Other art activities: Painting and photography.
• What do you like about TV Productions: “I like the environment and the homework isn’t normal. There are no books or papers. You take a camera home. This class is different from other classes.”
• What role do you enjoy most: “I really like editing the packages and I like to be producer a lot.”
• Your proudest piece: “Last year, I edited the homecoming pep fest and it turned out really spectacular. I used different music, not the music that was used for the pep fest. It was really exciting.”
• Memorable fine arts achievement: “The TV Productions class got to film the Minnesota Supreme Court when it came to Brainerd. I got to interview the three justices.”
• Other TV projects: “We hosted a Brainerd Lunkers player this past summer and the Lunkers general manager asked me if I wanted to help with the film productions of the season. I did video and edited highlights. It helped me feel more comfortable directing.”
• Favorite TV series: “Dexter.”
• Favorite band: Def Leppard.
• Favorite restaurant: Olive Garden.
• Favorite TV anchor/journalist: “It’s funny being in this class, but I don’t watch a lot of news. I don’t watch a lot of TV, usually I’ll watch ESPN with my dad.”
• Favorite baseball team: Minnesota Twins.
• If you could change one thing what would it be: “I wouldn’t be so shy.”
• Parents: William Kruchten and Julie Kruchten, both of Brainerd.
• Honorable mentions: Taylor Johnshoy, junior art: Art adviser said, “Taylor’s artwork always meets, and often exceeds assigned criteria. Her work is completed in a timely fashion and demonstrates a concern for quality and creativity. As a student, Taylor is always pleasant, cooperative and a model for her peers.”
Sam Smelter, senior, Brainonian: Smelter’s adviser said, “Sam is doing a great job as yearbook editor. She brings unique and creative ideas to her pages that make them stand out among the rest.”