Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Hewitt woman treated at hospital after fire at her home

Email News Alerts

Hewitt woman treated at hospital after fire at her home

HEWITT — A Hewitt woman was sent to Lakewood Health Systems in Staples Wednesday to be treated for smoke and breathing difficulties after the home she occupied was on fire, reported the Todd County Sheriff’s Office.

Advertisement
Advertisement

It was reported that Daniel King, Eagle Bend, was passing on Highway 71 when he noticed a house at 223 N. Dakota Street in Hewitt on fire. King called 911 and alerted the occupants of the home, Christopher and Tanya Henderickson, who were able to escape. Tanya was taken to the hospital where she was treated and released.

The cause of the fire, which was reported at 5:19 a.m., has not been determined.

Assisting the Hewitt Fire Department was the Bertha Fire Department.

Advertisement
Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness