Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 a.m. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Approve Consent Agenda.
b. Report back on Personnel Committee of the Board.
c. Approve Teamsters Local No. 320 Deputy/Jail Unit Agreement.
3. 9:15 a.m. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Discuss potential County sponsored USFS Resource Advisory Committee Projects.
4. 9:30 a.m. Request to be heard:
a. Sandy Krueger - Krueger Pit.
5. 9:45 a.m. John Ringle - ESD Director.
a. Authorization to develop a countywide used prescription pharmaceutical collection and disposal program.
6. 10 a.m. Sharon K. Anderson - Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Request approval of draft proposal and contract terms for agreement with Pillager School District No. 116 for election administration services.
7. 10:15 a.m. Jamie Richter - HHVS Public Health Manager.
a. Present overview of the Cass County SHIP Program to date.
b. Receive and file Jail Health Report.
8. 10:30 a.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
9. 10:35 a.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve board minutes of Feb. 15.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Feb. 17 in the amount of $255,106.28.
3. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Feb. 18 in the amount of $77,965.22.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Feb. 18 in the amount of $218,294.88.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated Feb. 24 in the amount of $346.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated Feb. 24 in the amount of $191,609.18.
7. Approve Personnel Items.
8. Approve Licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
9. Approve City of Remer fire contract for Unorganized Township Jan. 1-Dec. 31 in amount of $904.80/year.
10. Receive and file - Deep Portage Conservation Foundation Audit from Aug. 31, 2009 and Aug. 31, 2010.
11. Approve out of state travel for Sheriff Deputies Eric Lueth - National Sexual Assault Response Team Training Conf. in Austin, TX on May 25-27, 2011.
12. Accept - Donation in the amount of $2,000 from Turtle Lake Township for the Cass County Sheriff’s Office - Lakes Area Dive Team.
13. Receive and file - Pillsbury State lands distribution payment from the MN Department of Natural Resources in the amount of $2,388.98.
14. Receive and file 2011draft Cass County property tax stuffer.
15. Approve Michael B. McGee M.D. Medical Examiner 2010 Medical Examiner contract renewal effective Jan. 1- Dec. 31, 2011.
16. Approve HHVS Home and Community Based Services contract amendment with Deer River Health Care & Barnabas Health Cares Services expiring Dec. 31.
17. Approve Pine River U.S. Post Office located at 330 Barclay Ave. West, Pine River, Minn., renewal lease option extension to June 30, 2013, annual rate of $37,125.
18. Approve HHVS Cash Account Balance Comparison for Jan. 31 in the amount of $10,563,652.
19. Approve HHVS Child Service Costs for January, 2011 in the amount of $125,803.
20. Authorize 2011 grant agreement from Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources competitive grants program in the amount of $29,632.
21. Authorize 2011 Initiative Foundation Healthy Lakes and Rivers Partnership Grant application in the amount of $20,000 lake management plans for 8 lakes in Cass County.
22. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
23. Approve Resolution No. 15-11 - Sheriff’s Office - 2011 Boat and Water Safety Grant (#B52681) in the amount of $57,540.
24. Approve DataMaster DMT-G breath tester lend/lease Agreement(#BCA-DMT-0022), and authorize Board Chair & Sheriff to execute agreement.
25. Approve Change Order #1 for Deep Portage Learning Center to KMI Mechanical in the deduct amount of $7,247.
26. Approve pay request No. 2 for Cass County Energy Upgrade Project to Honeywell in the amount of $99,132.50.
Items on the Consent Agenda are reviewed in total by the County Board and may be approved through one motion.
Any item of the Consent Agenda may be removed by any Commissioner for separate consideration.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter
Baxter EDA will meet 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve Council Minutes of Feb. 15.
B. Payment of Bills and Approval of Finance Report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of Feb. 16.
1. Approve the WSN Proposal for Engineering Services for Lift Station No. 1 Rehabilitation in the estimated amount of $7,800.
2. Approve the system changes to the MSAS routes in order to draw more funding (needs).
D. Direct staff to handle the March of Dimes Baby Walk event the same as last year.
E. Adopt Resolution No. 11-3/1-1 Calling Hearing on Assessments for the 2011 Clearwater Road Overlay and Trail Area Improvements Project from Memorywood Drive to Welton Road.
6. Pulled agenda items
7. Other business
8. Council comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
A. Schedule Council Work Session.
Crosby-Ironton School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Forum Room-secondary building
1. Call to order and pledge to the flag
2. Welcome to visitors
3. Approve agenda
5. Board discussion/comments on the following items
a. MSBA conference report-board members.
b. 2011-2012 school calendar draft
c. iPad presentation-Jamie Skjeveland, superintendent
d. PLC report-Jamie Skjeveland, superintendent
6. Approve minutes, Jan. 3, reorganization and regular board meeting.
7. Informational items included in packet
7.1. Administrative reports
a. Activities director
b. Community education
c. Secondary principal
d. Elementary principal
7.2. Committee reports
7.3. Enrollment report
8. Consent calendar
8.1. Approve bills presented
8.2. Acceptance and filing of financial reports
8.3. Accept monetary awards and donations
9. Personnel consent items
9.1. Renew/approve the following coaches/activities contracts effective 2010-2011 season:
Girls’ golf: Deb Marlton, varsity coach; Kris Boike, junior high coach.
Boys’ golf: Rich Aulie, varsity coach; Brian Gaffney, junior high coach.
Track: Margo Sodahl, varsity coach; Conrad Stangel, assistant coach; Caitlin Robinson, assistant coach.
Baseball: Jeremiah Piepkorn, varsity coach; Dave Galovich, assistant coach; Neil Tesdahl, co-junior high coach; Randy Swanhorst, co-junior high coach.
Softball: Pat McKenzie, varsity coach; Brian Watson, assistant coach; Becky Zender, junior high coach.
9.2 Approve medical leave of absence utilizing sick leave for Dan Cruser, guidance counselor, effective on or about March 14 to the end of the school year with an intermittent flexible work schedule when possible that includes the additional 10 days in June.
9.3. Authorize a long term substitute guidance counselor effective March 2 to the end of the 2010-2011 school year or the return of the teacher whichever comes first.
9.4. Employ Rita Ewert long term substitute guidance counselor effective March 2 to the end of the 2010-2011 school year or the return of the teacher whichever comes first.
9.5. Accept resignation of Shari Olson, business office, effective Feb. 25 with appreciation for service and authorize filling the position.
10. Action items
10.1. Approve Family Services Collaborative Interagency Agreement.
11. Public comments.
12. Regular board meeting, March 21, 7 p.m., Forum room-secondary building.
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of agenda.
5. Approval of past meeting minutes.
6. Authorization of accounts paid.
a. Student council.
c. Community Education Director.
8. Consent agenda.
a. Accept donations.
b. Recognize staff lane changes.
a. Staff resignations.
b. Staff leave requests.
c. Staff contracts.
d. Spring 2011 Coaching Assignments .
10. New business.
a. Resolution calling for the sale of bonds.
b. Attendance Policy Section - High School Handbook
c. In-School suspension position
d. Administrative shift
11. Announcements and meeting dates.
5 p.m. Facilities Planning Committee
6:30 p.m. Credit Review
7 p.m. Regular School board meeting
8:30 p.m. School board work session
Brainerd Public Library Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
Finance Committee meets prior to the board meeting at 5:15 p.m.
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call/Introductions
3. Approve agenda
4. Approve minutes of Jan. 24 meeting
5. President’s report
6. Librarian’s report
7. Building and Grounds Committee report
8. Finance Committee report
9. Committee Appointments-Please let the Board President know which committees you are interested in.
10. KRL Rep’s report
11. Friends of the Library
12. Open Forum
13. Roof Repair
14. Update on Feb. 17 special meeting
15. Unfinished business
16. New business
The Brainerd Public Library Board generally meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
The finance committee of the BPL Board meets prior to the regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 5:15 p.m.
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Airport Conference Room
9 a.m. Thursday, Budget Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator’s Conference Room
5 p.m. March 7, Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator’s Conference Room