St. Joseph Foundation seeks board members
St. Joseph’s Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Medical Center and Clinics, seeks three members to join its board of directors.
“When recruiting new foundation board members, we look for candidates with a good business background and a strong commitment to community,” Cathy Engler, foundation board chair, said in a news release. “New members bring unique experience and a fresh perspective to our board that can greatly benefit our work.”
The role of a board member is an important one, especially in the rapidly changing health care environment, said Shelli Urness, the foundation’s director.
“We are looking for candidates who have a special interest in building quality local health care, and supporting the hospital and clinics in the community,” Urnes said. “Our mission is to support Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Medical Center and clinics by raising and granting funds to promote the health and well-being of our patient community.”
Urness said three new members are needed since several current board members will be ending their terms. Terms run for three years, and a board member may serve two consecutive terms. The board meets from noon to 1 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month.
Qualified candidates should be willing to:
• Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
• Have an interest in the health and well-being of the community.
• Stay informed about healthcare issues and be an advocate for local health care.
• Be an ambassador for St. Joseph’s Medical Center and clinics.
• Prepare for meetings; review and comment on minutes and reports.
• Be an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and strategic planning efforts.
• Be a steward for donor and grantee funds by assisting in gathering, receiving and administering charitable gifts.
• Participate in fundraising for the organization.
• Embrace the organization’s Benedictine values of quality, hospitality, stewardship, respect, justice and teamwork.
Interested community members are invited to contact Urness to discuss the board and obtain more information. Call her at 828-7627 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.