Agendas- July 31
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 a.m. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Approve Consent Agenda.
b. City of Walker vehicle donation request.
c. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Teamster Local #320 Deputy/Jail Unit - At-Will leaves of absence.
d. Amend Honeywell, Inc. HVAC maintenance contract.
3. 9:15 a.m. Reno Wells - HHVS Director.
a. Update on SHIP Program - Jamie Richter, Director Public Health Nursing.
4. 9:30 a.m. Sharon Anderson - Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Review proposed revisions to Cass County Tobacco Ordinance.
b. Request approval of updated abatement policy.
c. Update on RtVision eTime program potential purchase.
5. 9:45 a.m. Scott Noland - Assistant Land Commissioner.
a. Receive and file Cass County Land Department Annual Report.
b. Approval to record MNDNR prescriptive easements.
6. 10 a.m. John Ringle - ESD Director.
a. Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe MOU SSTS planning project.
7. 10:15 a.m. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Approve resolutions for final payment (projects SAP 011-605-012; SAP 011-599-013; SAP 011-606-009 & SAP 011-644-003).
b. Award bids on Shingobee Trail project SP 011-090-003, (opened Aug. 1, 2011).
c. Approve resolution to apply for an easement across school trust fund land.
d. Approve vacation of drainage easement.
e. Discuss rural residential speed zone areas (Birch Lake, Shingobee, Turtle Lake and Woodrow Twp’s.)
8. 10:45 a.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. County Board Meeting in Commissioner District No. 2, 6 p.m. Aug. 16 at Maple Township - 2503 64th Street SW, Pequot Lakes, MN.
b. County Board regular meeting Aug. 30 Land Department Meeting Room, Backus.
9. 10:55 a.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve Board Minutes of July 19 and amend Board Minutes of July 5.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated July 21 in the amount of $561,288.63.
3. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated July 22 in the amount of $102,200.68.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated July 22 in the amount of $206,502.51.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated July 28 in the amount of $297,441.99.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated July 28 in the amount of $276.
7. Approve Personnel Items.
8. Approve Cass County Probation to adopt sections of roads in Cass County for adults and juveniles sentenced to perform community service clean up.
9. Authorize sale of surplus items at Cass County Auction on Sept. 10 beginning at 10 a.m. Cass County Highway Department Walker.
10. Receive and file - July 2011 Cass County EDC Activity Report.
11. Approve lease extension agreement with K & S Rental, Hackensack (same rate, indefinite period, 90 day notice to change or cancel lease).
12. Approve Conservation Easements on Pine Mountain Lake (Robert H. and Elise B. Smude) Powers Twp; and Helland -Gackle conservation easement on Little Boy Lake - Wabedo Twp.
13. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
14. Approve transfer of funds from Unorganized Township to Highway Department in the amount of $25,639.85 for road maintenance - June 2011.
15. Award 2011 snow plowing at Cass County Land Dept. Bldgs. to Aspen Woods Lawn Services, Inc. not to exceed $85/hr.
16. Approve 33 foot easement on existing trail to Ricky & Lou Ann Gregory PID #12-035-2415 located in 35-139-26 (Crooked Lake Twp).
Crow Wing County meetings
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
9 a.m. Tuesday, Region 5+ Adult Mental Health Initiative Board, Land Services Building, Meeting Room 1.
Crow Wing County Fair, Tuesday through Saturday, fairgrounds.
10 a.m. Monday, Association of Minnesota Counties 2011 Annual Conference Planning Committee, Minneapolis.
17. Approve resolution to sponsor “Over the Hills Gang” GIA ATV Trail grant application submission to the State of Minnesota.
18. Receive and file City of Backus wastewater treatment facility project notice.
19. Authorize County Surveyor to grant contract completion time extensions until 12/31/11 for Public Corner Monumentation Project Contracts.
20. Accept $50 donation to ESD HHW Program from Mark and Nancy Hall and Charles and Anne Hager.
21. Refer ESD staffing to Personnel Committee of the Board.
Little Falls City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Council Chambers, City Hall
1. Call to order/Determination of Quorum/Pledge of Allegiance
2. Approval of agenda
3. Approval of minutes
4. Approval of bills
Approve checks 81136 through 8122 totaling $1,018,705.57 and void check 88138.
5. Awards, donations, presentations and proclamations
1. The Friends of the Dewey-Radke House, Inc., Gift FODR
2. Laura Jane Musser Fund, Fire Department and Youth Task Force
Citizens Appeals and Petitions
Citizens Appeals. (5 Minute Limit)
Individuals may address the City Council about any item not included on the agenda. Speakers are requested to come to the podium, state their name and address for the Council record and limit their remarks to five minutes. Generally, the City Council will not take official action on items discussed at this time, but may refer the matter to staff or a committee for a future report or direct the matter to be scheduled on an upcoming agenda.
7. Consent agenda
a. Heritage Preservation Commission Minutes, July 2011
b. Police Department Reports, May and June 2011
c. On Sale, Sunday and Tobacco Licenses, Jeanine Ross dba JC’s Nut Hut LLC
d. Temporary On Sale Malt Beverage License, VFW Post 1112, Morrison County Fair
e. Temporary Sidewalk Closing/Sidewalk Display/Promotion Application, Bon Jos
8. Public hearings and lettings
a. Public Hearings
1. Resolution 2011-39, Award Bids, Public Improvement 365 [Eighteenth Street
Northeast] – adopt PW Director
9. Old business
a. Camp Ripley Veterans State Trail, Corridor Study – Bob Reinitz
10. New business
a. Change Order No. 3, Tom’s Backhoe Service, Inc., Public Improvement 357 [Lindbergh Drive North]
b. Mayor’s Appointment, Jason Weinerman, Energy and Environmental Committee
c. Policy No. 26, Streetlights
10. New business
d. Resolution 2011-40, Removal/Installation Streetlights
e. Dewey Radke Property
11. City council reports on city authorities, boards, bureaus, committees and commissions
12. Other meetings attended by city council
a. Joint City Council and Planning Commission Meeting, City Code Chapter 5, Construction Licensing, Permits and Regulations with Karen Breeden, Aug. 22 at 6:30 p.m.
b. Planning Commission Public Hearings, Aug. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
1. Rezoning and Conditional Use Permit, Minnesota Power
2. Conditional Use Permit, Midcontinent Communications/Chester and Gisele Nelson
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
The Baxter City Council 2011 Hastings Road Improvements work session will be 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve 2010 Audit Review, 2011 Hastings Road Improvements Public Hearing and Council minutes of July 19.
B. Payment of Bills and Approval of Finance Report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of July 20.
1. Accept with regret the resignation of Greg Kvale and authorize city staff to advertise the vacant commission position.
2. Award the 2011 City of Baxter Striping Quote to AAA Striping Company, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, in the amount of $26,156.85.
3. Approve joining the Minnesota Cities Stormwater Coalition with membership fee coming from the Stormwater Enterprise Fund.
4. Approve the updated 20-Year Street Maintenance Plan.
5. Approve the Chicago Bridge & Iron, Inc. Change Order #1 for a 60-day time extension request for the 2011 Elevated Water Storage Tank.
6. Approve the WSN Proposal to assist with the Part II Wellhead Protection Plan Preparation at an estimated cost of $8,643.
D. Approve Summary Publication for Ordinance Amending Section 8 of the Baxter City Code, Sections 8-1-4:B (1/) b. and 8-2-15: A (1.) b.; An Ordinance Regarding Water and Sewer Connections Charges.
E. Grand Haven Plat extension.
6. Pulled agenda items
7. Other business
A. Approve Expo special event at Mills Ford and Body Works.
B. Sketch plan review of the Costco Planned Unit Development project.
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on July 18 as distributed.
B. Approval of Licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor’s Licenses - 2 - New.
2. Second Hand Goods Dealer License - 1 - New.
Gregory Allan Jedlenski dba Birgit’s Jewelers
615 Washington Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
C. Department Reports - Distributed to Mayor and Council.
1. Mayor’s report of activities.
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities.
3. Park Director’s report of activities.
4. Rental Housing Inspector’s report of activities.
5. City Attorney Quarterly Report (2nd Quarter).
5. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. HRA - Introduction of New HRA Director Jennifer Bergman.
7. Presentation - Rental Fees - Rental Housing Inspector Bill Kronstedt.
8. Unfinished business.
A. Nuisance Violation Abatement - Status Report.
B. Zoning Map - (See Attachments and Enclosed Maps).
C. Misdemeanor Prosecution Services - Status Report.
D. Industrial Park Property Tax Legislation - Status of.
9. New Business.
A. Cable Franchise Ordinance Amendment - Recommended by the Cable TV Advisory Committee.
10. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Fire Chief
G - Park Director
H - Council President
12. Council Committee Reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other committees.
13. Committee Resignation - Accept with Rregret.
A - Kristina Runde - Transportation Committee
14. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire 12/31/2013
B. Park Board - One term to expire 12/31/2012
C. Transportation Committee - One term to expire 12/31/2011
City of Brainerd
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Department of Labor and Industry Plumbing Plan Review Ordinance.
2. Request for Traffic Control at NW 7th Street and Jackson Street.
3. Request for “Resident Parking” Signs.
4. Sewer Backup at 712 Washington Street.
5. Request for Alley Reconstruction.
City of Brainerd
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m. Tuesday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of bills.
2. Budget - Discussion of.
2011 Budget - LGA Update and Adjustments Needed.
2012 Budget - Committee Input and Status Report.
3. Conflict of Interest Policy - Status of.
4. Park Director Position - Status of.
5. Understanding Our City Departments.
6. Police Department - Request to hire two Community Service Officers - Approval of.