AGENDA: Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Aug. 15 and from the Tour of Ascensus held on Aug. 30 as distributed.
B. Approval of Licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor’s Licenses - 4 - Renewals.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
4. Rental Housing Inspector’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. Street Closure Request - East River Road between Front and Laurel Streets (between Brainerd Fire and Brainerd Police Departments) - Requested by the Brainerd American Legion, Brainerd Fire Department, Brainerd Police Department, Baxter Police Department, MN State Patrol, and North Ambulance for a Commemorative 9/11 Ceremony - (See Attachment and Safety and Public Works Agenda No. 3).
E. Application for Temporary On-Sale Liquor - Submitted by the Northland Arboretum for Oktoberfest Event to be held at the Arboretum, 14250 Conservation Drive, Brainerd, on Oct. 7 - Approval of.
F. Police Department - Resignation of CSO Officer Derryk Nash - Effective Aug. 26 - Accept with Regret.
5. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Unfinished business.
A. Public Hearing - Final Reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1385 - An Ordinance Amending Section 1146 of the Brainerd City Code Pertaining to Pawn Brokers - City Administrator Vogt Recommends Dispensing with the Actual Reading.
B. Zoning Issues.
Joseph Street and South 7th
Beaver Dam Road/Uhlman Property
Zoning Map - First Reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1387 - Approving the Official Zoning Map of the city dated September, 2011, as Identified in Section 515 in the Brainerd City Code.
C. 2012 Preliminary Levy and Budget.
Set date for Final 2012 Budget and Levy Discussion - 6 p.m. Dec. 12.
D. Misdemeanor Prosecutor - Recommendation to Retain Matt Mallie - Approval of Contract.
E. Park Director Position - Status Report.
F. City-Wide Cleanup - Council Discussion and Introduction of Proposed Ordinance Amending Section 600 of the Brainerd City Code pertaining to garbage disposal.
G. Spur Line Trail - Buffalo Hills Park - Kiwanis Park Trail.
a. Approval Trail Route
b. Authorization to seek ISD 181 Trial Easement
c. Authorization to submit DNR Legacy Trail Grant
7. New business.
A. Request to keep fence in Street Right of Way - 903 South 8th Street - (See Safety and Public Works Committee Agenda No. 9).
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Fire Chief
G - Park Director
H - Council President
10. Council Committee Reports.
A - Personnel and Finance Committee.
B - Safety and Public Works Committee.
C - Other Committees.
11. Committee Recommendations - Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Tim Boeder - Park Board - One term to expire Dec. 31, 2012.
12. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Dec. 31, 2013.
13. Adjourn -To town meeting to be held on Thursday at the Brainerd Fire Hall Training Room.