Sections
Advertisement

Report: Nursing home resident given high potassium

Email

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A state investigation has found a Minnesota nursing home resident was mistakenly given high doses of potassium that contributed to her fatal cardiac arrest.

The Minnesota Health Department released its report this week in the death of 84-year-old Darlene Felt of Alexandria.

The Star Tribune (http://bit.ly/rSWNdn) says the report places blame for Felt's overdoses last November on Bethany Home.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness