Weather Forecast


Becker man hospitalized with CO poisoning

BECKER, Minn. (AP) — A central Minnesota man is recovering from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sherburne County deputies were called to a Becker home early Wednesday and found 20-year-old Dylan Olson unconscious and lying on the ground.

Sheriff Joel Brott tells the St. Cloud Times ( ) that Olson's aunt had dragged him out of a detached garage after discovering him on the garage floor.

Olson was working on a vehicle inside the garage overnight. The sheriff says he was using a space heater attached to a propane tank to heat the garage.

Olson was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis and was in serious condition.


Information from: St. Cloud Times,

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889