CASS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners’ Board Room
1. 9 A.M. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 A.M. Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Report back on Kittichigami Regional Library System mobile library trends.
c. Approve Resolution No. 66-11Property tax levy for 2012 by Fund.
d. Approve Resolution No. 67-11 Revenues/Expenditures 2012 by Fund.
e. Approve Resolution No. 68-11 Unorganized Levy and Revenues/Expenditures.
f. Report back on AdHoc Committee – Abatement Policy.
3. 9:30 A.M. Josh Stevenson – Land Commissioner.
a. Enter into the lease agreement with the Lake Country Nordic Ski Club on equipment and grooming trails.
b. Approve application from the Woodtick Wheelers ATV to the MNDNR OHV Trail Assistance Program and approve resolution to sponsor the trail route.
c. Public Corner Monumentation Project.
4. 9:45 A.M. Jim Schneider – Probation Director.
a. Approve budget amendment to purchase workstation.
b. Receive & file notice of retirement of Hal Solem, Diversion Worker and the intent to fill vacated position with a Probation Officer position.
5. 10:00 A.M. Reno Wells – HHVS Director, Candy Enblom – Financial Assistant Supervisor I.
a. MinnesotaCare for Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Attendants (MVFAA) Program.
6. 10:15 A.M. Dave Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Board authorization to purchase 2012 equipment.
7. 10:30 A.M. Tom Burch – Sheriff.
a. Sheriff’s Office staffing plan.
b. Invitation to tour Cass County Dispatch Center following Tuesday, February 7, 2012 Board Meeting.
8. 10:45 A.M. Request to be heard.
a. Bruce London, Bob Everett, and Ignatius O’Shaughnessy – Present donation to the Cass County Sheriff’s Office. 9. 11:00 A.M. Larry Wolfe – Chief Financial Officer.
a. Approve year end transfers.
b. Fund balance classifications.
c. 2012 equipment list.
d. Amend capitalization policy.
10. 11:15 A.M. Sharon Anderson – Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Capital Plan schedule.
11. 11:30 A.M. Tim Richardson – Central Services Director.
a. Approve Honeywell maintenance contract.
12. 11:45 A.M. Adjourn.
AGENDA APPOINTMENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
PLEASE CALL ADMINISTRATOR’S OFFICE TO CONFIRM
CASS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
1. Approve Board Minutes of December 8, 2011.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated November 30, 2011 in the amount of $452.00.
3. Approve (Batch#1) Manual warrants dated November 30, 2011 in the amount of $3,221,987.63.
4. Approve (Batch#2) Manual warrants dated November 30, 2011 in the amount of $409,524.65.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated December 8, 2011 in the amount of $392,114.50.
6. Approve HHVS Commissioner’s warrants dated December 9, 2011 in the amount of $106,631.61.
7. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated December 9, 2011 in the amount of $70,517.25.
8 Approve Auditor warrants dated December 15, 2011 in the amount of $331,106.00.
9. Receive & file - Monthly Budget Reports.
10. Approve personnel actions.
11. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
12. Receive & file Auditor -Treasurer’s Interest Income Report for November 2011.
13. Approve 2012 standard mileage rate for miles driven after December 31, 2011 – Full rate (No county department vehicle available) at 55.5¢ per mile, adjusted rate (County department vehicle available and not used) .23¢ per mile.
14. To authorize per diem payment to Board appointed citizen committees for FY2012, in the amount of $75.00/day (same as commissioners per diem) per meeting and mileage per Cass County Personnel Rules and Policies.
15. Approve Home and Community Based Services Contracts for 2012-2014 with Cass County HHVS.
16. Approve Purchase of Service Host County Agreement between Cass County HHVS and Little Sand Group Homes.
17. Approve Local Public Health Act Funding 2012 Assurances and Agreement between MN Department of Health and Cass County HHVS.
18. Approve Northland Early Childhood Collaborative Agreement between Cass County Public Health, Northland Community Schools, Bi-County Community Action Programs, Inc., Northland Area Family Service Center and Leech Lake Early Childhood Development.
19. Approve Host County Agreement between Beltrami County (acting as agent) and Northwestern Minnesota Juvenile Center.
20. Approve Memorandum of Agreement between Cass County HHVS and Pequot Lakes Physical Therapy Services, Inc.
21. Approve Cass County Emergency General Assistance (EGA) Program Plan effective Nov. 1, 2011, per Dept. of Human Services criteria.
22. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Dispatch Center to XYBIX Systems, Inc. in the amount of $36,372.17.
23. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Dispatch Center to Bay Carpet & Tile in the amount of $2,204.15.
24. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Base Stations (27) to DSC Communications in the amount of $5,647.11.
25. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Dispatch Center & Pillager Tower to Olson Electric in the amount of $31,369.00.
26. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Pillager Tower to RMAS in the amount of $2,500.00.
27. Receive & file November 2011 Cass County EDC Activity Report.
28. Approve low quote on Sheriff’s Office - Dispatch Center custom cabinet proposal (ARMER Project) in the amount of $600.00.
29. Approve Resolution No. 65-11 Snowmobile Safety Enforcement Grant (#38468) with MN Department of Natural Resources in the amount of $5,713.00 from Dec. 15, 2011 through June 30, 2012 and $5,713.00 from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
30. Authorize 25% Fund allocation use of $3,650.00 for environmental education at Deep Portage for WHA Elem. School (60 students and 13 adults) on December 1-2, 2011.
31. Accept Statewide Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) Grant from MN Department of Health in cooperation with the Morrison, Todd, and Wadena Counties Community Health Board in the amount of $343,603.10 from January 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013.
32. Approve out of state travel to attend the National Association of County Engineers meeting in Kentucky in April 2012.
33. Authorize the Sherriff’s Department to enter into a lease agreement with Arctic Cat and purchase additional equipment as needed for trail monitoring not to exceed a total of $3,000.00 (Land Department Recreation Account).
34. Accept 2011 Sheriff’s Office - Emergency Management Performance Grant (A-EMPG-2011-CASSCO-00238) in the amount of $38,004.00.
35. Approve submission of a Multi-County proposal developed by Rural Minnesota CEP for Department of Human Services Innovation Funds. If approved, Cass County would be designated as the fiscal agent.
36. Accept 2012 MN Dept. of Public Safety grant (#34267) in the amount of $113,700.00 to support the Cass County/Leech Lake Wellness Court - Cass County Probation Office.
37. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Whipolt, Cass Lake, Draper, Bena, Oshawa, Leader Tower’s to Dept. of Transportation in the amount of $1,900.00 and KOJB in the amount of $270.00.
38. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Ice Bridge Kit/Decking to DSC Communications in the amount of $2,517.34.
39. Approve the Milestone completion form for the ARMER -MN-10I136A Project.
40. Accept Crime Victim Services Grant (A-CVS-2012-CASSAO-00030) in the amount of $42,309.00 from Oct. 2011 – Sept. 30, 2012.
41. Approve Assessor’s Abatements.
42. Approve Joint Powers Agreement for $30,000 with MN Pollution Control Agency to serve as lead partner on the Phase I Leech Lake River Watershed Restoration and Protection Project.
43. Approval to serve as Fiscal Agent for the Initiative Foundation $5,000 Implementation Grant awarded to the Ponto Lake Association.
Items on the Consent Agenda are reviewed in total by the County Board and may be approved through one motion.
Any item of the Consent Agenda may be removed by any Commissioner for separate consideration.