Brainerd City Council
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Brainerd City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Mayor Wallin – Prayer for the New Year.
5. Consent Calendar – All matter listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Dec. 19, 2010, as distributed.
B. Approval of 2012 Licenses – Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor’s Licenses – 5 – Renewals.
2. Garbage License – 1 – Renewal.
3. Tobacco License – 1 – Renewal.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
3. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. Designation of Brainerd Dispatch as Official Newspaper for Calendar Year 2012 – Required by Charter.
E. Designation of Financial Institutions as Depositories for 2011: Bremer Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Black Ridge Bank, US Bancorp, First National Bank of Deerwood, People’s National Bank, Frandsen Bank & Trust, Riverwood Bank, RBC Capital Markets LLC, 4M Fund, PMA Financial Network, Inc. and Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
F. Signature Authorization for 2012 Capital Projects for the Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport – Adoption of Resolution – (See Attachment).
G. Park Department – Temporary/Seasonal Positions – Same Rates as 2011 – Approval of – (See Attachment).
H. Joint Powers Agreement – Bomb Disposal Unit – Adopt Resolution Authorizing Signatures – (See Attachment).
I. Application for Second Hand Goods Dealer License – Submitted by Brian Keith Richter, Brainerd Gold and Silver, LLC., for Purchasing Gold, Silver, and Coins from January 4, 2012 through December 31, 2012 – Approval of.
6. Approval of Bills.
7. Presentation – Brainerd Rotary – Park Property Deed.
8. Close~Converse – Industrial Park Marketing Update.
9. Unfinished Business.
A. Airport Funding – Discussion of – (See Attachment).
B. Schedule Joint Meetings
• Crow Wing County Board – To Discuss Airport Commission
• Brainerd Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
• Housing and Redevelopment Board of Directors (HRA)
10. New Business.
A. Set Date and Agenda for 2012 Council Planning Workshop.
11. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief
G – Park Director
H – Council President
13. Council Committee Reports
A – Personnel and Finance Committee.
B – Safety and Public Works Committee.
C – Other Committees.
14. Committee Recommendations – Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee – Jan Lambert – 3-Year Term to Expire 12/31/2014.
B. Library Board – Gwen Kienholz, Ed Shaw – 4-Year Term to Expire 12/31/2014.
C. Public Utilities Commission – William Wroolie – 5-Year Term to Expire 12/31/2016.
D. Transportation Committee – Cori Wrobel, Jan Lambert, Mary Koep, Susan Hilgart, Jeff Czeczok – 2-Year Terms to Expire 12/31/2013.
15. Council Liaison Reappointments – Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. BRHSC Community Advisory – Mark Bublitz – Term to Expire 12/31/2012.
B. Transportation Committee – Council Member Parks – Term to Expire 12/31/2013.
16. Committee Resignations – Accept with Regret.
A. Kathleen Krueger – Transportation Committee.
B. Ray Frisch – Library Board.
C. Brad Davis – Airport Commission.
17. Call for Applicants.
A. Police and Fire Civil Service Commission – One Term to Expire 12/31/2013.
B. Transportation Committee – One Term to Expire 12/31/13.
C. Library Board – One Term to Expire 12/31/2017.
D. Airport Commission – One Term to Expire 12/31/2012.
NOTE: Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 6 p.m.