Cass County Board of Commissioners
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. 2012 Board Reorganization.
1. Election of Vice Chair.
2. Election of Chair.
c. Approval of Agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 a.m. Discuss 2012 Legislative Priorities.
a. Larry Howes – State Representative District 4B, John Persell – State Representative District 4A, John Carlson State Senator District 4.
3. 9:30 a.m. Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Approve Consent Agenda.
b. Resolution establishing 2012 conduct of meetings – Business Rules.
c. Award 2012 printing and publishing bids.
d. 2012 Committee appointments.
e. Commissioners Board Meeting 2012 summer schedule.
4. 10 a.m. Request to be heard.
a. Larry Leblanc.
5. 10:15 a.m. Tom Burch – Sheriff, Kerry Swenson – Emergency Management Coordinator.
a. ARMER Project update.
6. 10:30 a.m. Reno Wells – HHVS Director, Karyn Flesch – Social Worker/Team Leader, Renee Lukkason - Family Health Supervisor.
a. Discuss “File of Life” cards for residents to keep current medical information.
b. Information on free radon testing kits.
7. 10:45 a.m. Tim Richardson-Central Services Director, Kameron Koch – Technical Support Specialist.
a. IPAD demonstration.
8. 11 a.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Establish 1st Qtr. 2012 Joint Meeting with the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe.
b. Establish Friday, June 15, 2012, for the Annual Cass County Planning Retreat, Cass County Land Department, Backus.
9. 11:05 a.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve board minutes of Dec. 20.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 22 in the amount of $174,354.46
3. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Dec. 23 in the amount of $123,060.31.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Dec. 23 in the amount of $251,825.17.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 29 in the amount of $271,954.10.
6. Approve Personnel Items.
7. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
8. Approve election services agreement with Synergy Graphics for term 2012-2015 for ballot layout, ballot printing and file management services, authorizing the Auditor-Treasurer to sign and execute agreement.
9. Receive and file timber auction results of Dec. 21 6,801.50 cords totaling $153,693.
10. Approve the daily meal and incidental expense reimbursement for FY2012.
11. Receive and file Deep Portage Conservation Foundation Audit for the period of from August 31, 2010 and 2010.
12. Receive and file correspondence from the MN Pollution Control Agency regarding the City of Backus wastewater treatment facility improvements.
13. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-DH Wireless Solutions-AVL System in the amount of $561.00, $2,285.09, and $2,456.79.
14. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project to DSC Communications in the amount of $152.83, and $204.14.
15. Receive and file correspondence from the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe regarding the assignment of Government Relations Specialist – Eli Hunt.
16. Receive and file Law Library Meeting minutes of Dec. 13.
17. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project to Midstates Wireless-Radio install in the amount of $8,805.50.
18. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Dispatch Center to Cass County MIS in the amount of $3,955.97.
19. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Dispatch Center to XYBIX Systems, Inc. in the amount of $1,206.
20. Approve pay request for Cass County ARMER Project-Gas Service-Pillager Tower in the amount of $725.98.
21. Authorize financial contribution for FY2012 – Historical Society in the amount of $2,500.00, remaining 50 percent paid after July 1, 2012.
22. Accept donation in the amount of $1,000 from Turtle Lake Township for the Cass County Sheriff’s Office - Lakes Area Dive Team.
23. Receive and file Cass County HHVS Cash account balance comparison and Child Service Costs through November 2011.
24. Accept donations for Veterans Services in the amount $100 - American Legion Post No. 458 (Boy River) and $200 Salem Lutheran Church.
25. Approve submission to Minnesota Department of Public Safety Car Seat Grant Program.
26. Approve – Memorandum of Agreement for nursing services between HHVS and Cass County Sheriff Office-Jail.
27. Approve - Home and Community Based Services Contract for 2012-2014 between Cass County HHVS.
28. Approve HHVS Purchase of Service and Pine River SLS.
29. Approve HHVS Purchase of Service Agreement and Stellher Human Services.
30. Approve HHVS Purchase of Service Agreement and mental health service providers.
31. Approve new joint powers Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with the State of Minnesota, effective upon signing by all parties.
32. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
Items on the Consent Agenda are reviewed in total by the County Board and may be approved through one motion.
Any item of the Consent Agenda may be removed by any Commissioner for separate consideration.