January fire tip of the month: The silent killer
Creeping silently through your home, there’s a killer that gives you no warning. This killer is carbon monoxide. An invisible and odorless gas, carbon monoxide is produced when burning any fuel, such as gasoline, propane, natural gas, oil, wood or charcoal. It is a silent killer, which causes illness by decreasing the amount of oxygen present in the body.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Call 218-855-5897 and we can help you.