Weather Forecast


Firefighters check out gas smell

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Brainerd,MN 56401
Brainerd Dispatch
customer support
Firefighters check out gas smell
Brainerd MN 506 James St. / PO Box 974 56401

Homeowners safe after Verndale home fire

Fifteen Verndale firefighters along with the Wadena Fire Department responded to a house fire around 10:30 a.m. Friday at 310 South Farwell Street.


Verndale fire chief Don Weniger said the home was gutted after a fire erupted in the home from what is suspected to have started as a result of lint in the dryer.

Firefighters battled the flames until 2 p.m. Weniger said and the two adults and six kids that lived in the home were uninjured.

Weniger said the Wadena County Sheriff and Verndale Police were also on scene to assist.

Firefighters check

out gas smell

The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 3:44 p.m. Friday at 511 Southeast 19th St. to check out a gas smell.

Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889