Train sparks fire in peat bog
Dry conditions and sparks from a passing train are believed to be the culprits in a fire Thursday that presented a challenge to area firefighters.
A large plume of smoke from the fire carried high above the treetops in east Brainerd. The fire was reported about 5:30 p.m. in a peat bog in the Whitney Creek area by Red Pine Road, behind the Brainerd Regional Human Services Center.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.