Tips for your ticker
• Limit saturated (products from animals) and trans saturated (fabricated fat) fat. Both increase LTL cholesterol and pull down HDL cholesterol;
• Recommends 1/2 ounce of nuts daily (almonds, walnuts, pistachios)
• Adopt a more plant based diets (vegetables and fruit) — rich in antioxidants beneficial in quality and quantity of life.
• Women should consume 20 grams of fiber daily, men should consume 30 grams daily.
• Get hooked on fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines and lake trout) eating two times daily to reduce heart disease.
• Eat breakfast. Regular breakfast eaters have a 3 to 5 percent higher metabolic rate than non-breakfast eaters.
• Move it to lose it. 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day is recommended. To lose weight, 60-90 minutes of exercise a day recommended.