Firefighters respond to two possible structure fires
Brainerd firefighters respond
to two structure fire calls
Brainerd firefighters responded to two structure fire calls during the weekend and to one family concerned about possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
A structure fire was reported at 1:42 a.m. Saturday on South 10th Street, the occupants put the fire out with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived. A second call regarding a structure fire came at 8:59 a.m. Sunday on Greenwood Street but turned out to be a stoked wood-burning stove.
At 5:17 p.m. Sunday, firefighters were called to a Foley Road residence with a family that was sick and a carbon monoxide detector alarm going off. North Ambulance was called but dangerously elevated carbon monoxide levels were not believed to be at the home.