Merrifield park to add volleyball court, horseshoe pit
MERRIFIELD — Merrifield Lions Park is now open for the season, with memorial garden in and yard work and new parking lot seal-coating completed. Plans for new volleyball court and horseshoe pit are under way.
Coming events include:
• A membership drive at 6 p.m. June 11 at the park. Interested persons may call Donna 829-2573.
• Bike Safety Class with Easy Riders Bike Shop and a police officer at the park at 7 p.m. June 27. Interested persons may call 829-2573.
• A July 12 informational meeting on diabetes.
• Free tennis lessons by Jan Costello at the park at 6 p.m. July 25.
• An extravaganza fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 29 at Merrifield Lions Park, featuring a pig roast dinner, giant garage sale, silent auction, gun raffle and train rides. Anyone who purchases dinner ticket gets a chance to win free prizes.
Lions officers are President Ron Scrimshaw, Vice President Mike Schuety, Treasurer Sandie Schnick,
Secretary Jim Larson and Donna Larson, membership.