Fourth of July week area event round-up
38th annual Arts in the Park
• 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Gregory Park.
Right Friends Picnic
• 5 p.m., Confidence Learning Center.
Sponsored by Jack Mehaffey family.
• 6 p.m., Heritage Assembly of God Church, featuring River of Life and Friends.
For more information, go to www.brainerd.com/riveroflife.
• Noon, Corn on the cob feed, sponsored by Brainerd Jaycees.
• 4 p.m. Parade.
• 6-6:30 p.m. - Bill “The King” Musel as Elvis.
• 6:30-7:15 p.m. - Wayne Renn Band.
• 7:30-8:15 p.m. - Kings Ransom.
• 8:30-10 p.m. - Peoplemania.
• 10-10:15 p.m. - Legacy Chorale.
• 10:15-10:35 p.m. - Peoplemania, fireworks medley with world class fireworks, Zambelli Fireworks. Music simulcasted on 3WI Radio, 95.9 FM and 1270 AM.
• 7-10 p.m., Show & Shine - The Bodyworks, The Body Works parking lot. Sponsored by Brainerd Street Merchants.
• NAPA Auto Parts Show & Go, Brainerd International Raceway.
Aitkin City Park, Woock Field
• 5-8 p.m.: Bouncing castle for kids.
• 7-8 p.m.: Track & Field events.
Adults and kids, all are welcome.
Prizes for all events, all levels.
• 7-8 p.m.: Community Band.
• 8:15 p.m.: Presentation of colors.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Singing of the National Anthem.
Persian Gulf Support Group — Recognition of present and past veterans.
• Dusk — Fireworks display.
• 11 a.m. Wednesday, kiddie parade, Main Street, Crosby.
• 11 a.m. Wednesday, main parade, Ironton through downtown Crosby, ending on East Main Street.
• Dusk, Fireworks.
The annual Mission Township Fourth of July Parade will be at 11 a.m. July 7.
Anyone interested in having a float in the parade should line up on Oak Spur at 10:30 a.m. No registration is needed; everyone is welcome.
At 11 a.m. the parade will proceed down Mission Park Drive. A trophy will be awarded for the best float. Judges will be in front of the park.
Gary Stacken will provide a variety of music from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
After the parade, free root beer floats will be served in the park.
Nisswa will host two days of turtle races during the Fourth of July week, at noon Tuesday and 1 p.m. Wednesday. Registration begins at 11 a.m. Tuesday and noon Wednesday at the turtle track downtown.
Following is a list of events:
• 5 p.m.: Entertainment begins at Grand View Lodge.
After dusk: Fireworks show at Grand View Lodge.
• 11 a.m.: Registration for the turtle races.
• 11 a.m.-5 p.m.: Stagecoach rides around town.
• 11 a.m.: Eats and treats.
• 11 a.m.: Face painting at the turtle track.
• 11:30 a.m.: Storytelling at Turtle Town Books & Gifts.
• Noon: Turtle Races begin.
• 1-6 p.m.: Bounce House.
• 2 p.m.: Chalk drawing contest registration at the gazebo. (Start as soon as turtle races are over; bring your own chalk.)
• 2 p.m.: Pictures with the turtle.
• 2 p.m.: Watermelon feed in Nisswa Square.
• 2-4 p.m.: Alpheus Ward Project in Nisswa Square.
• 2 p.m.: Photos with “Smiley the Turtle” in the gazebo.
• 3 p.m.: Storytelling in the gazebo.
• 3-6 p.m.: Facepainting in Nisswa Square.
• 3-6:30 p.m.: Kid’s Korner (coloring contest, arts and crafts, watermelon seed spitting contest, turtle bean bag toss).
• 4 p.m.: Pancake eating contest at Stonehouse.
• 4 p.m.: Music stage featuring Whiskey Tango at the Pickle.
• 4-6 p.m.: Colton Sturm autograph signing.
• 4:30 p.m.: Storytelling at Turtle Town Books & Gifts.
• 5 p.m.: Chalk drawing winner announced.
• 5:30 p.m.: Kiddie Parade — start at the Turtle Track and parade the town to Nisswa Square.
• 7 p.m.: Nisswa parade.
• 8:30 p.m.: Big Cash Give-a-Way drawing at the gazebo.
• After parade: Street dance featuring Whiskey Tango in the Pickle parking lot.
• Noon: Nisswa Turtle Race registration.
• 1 p.m.: Nisswa Turtle Races begin.
■ Pequot Lakes
Hosted by the Pequot Lakes office of the Brainerd Lakes Chamber, Stars & Stripes Days, the annual Fourth of July celebration in Pequot Lakes, will feature pig races with L.A. Racing Pigs, as well as July 3 fireworks and the July 4 parade.
This year’s Platinum Event Sponsors are Lakeland Agency and Lakes State Bank, Pequot Lakes. Additional sponsorships remain available and fundraising continues throughout the community with donations being accepted at various businesses and at checkout at Pequot Lakes SuperValu. Stars & Stripes Days events include:
• 4 p.m.: Pig Races with L.A. Racing Pigs in Trailside Park.
• 4-10 p.m.: Food vendors and Moon Jumps in Trailside Park.
• 4-7 p.m.: Karaoke night and Pequot Idol Contest at the band shelter.
• 8-10 p.m.: The Afterwhile Band at the band shelter.
• After dusk: Fireworks by Zambelli Fireworks Internationale from the Pequot Lakes High School ballfields.
• 7-11 a.m.: Pequot Lakes Fire Department Pancake Breakfast at the Pequot Lakes Fire Hall.
• 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Flea Market & Craft Fair in Trailside Park.
• 9:30-10:30 a.m.: Kids Art in the Park-Crafts for Kids in Trailside Park.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Moon Jumps in Trailside Park.
• 10:30 a.m.: Money in the Haystack in Trailside Park.
• 10:30 a.m.: Kiddie Parade registration in the Pequot Lakes Welcome Center parking lot.
• 11 a.m.: Kiddie Parade in the Pequot Lakes Welcome Center parking lot.
• Noon: Stars & Stripes Parade.
• 1-3 p.m.: Sloppy joes, pie and beverage in the Cole Memorial Building.
• 2:30 p.m.: Bed Races (five-person teams, traveling trophy), Pequot Lakes Welcome Center parking lot.
For more information about becoming a sponsor or entering the parade, contact Crawford at 218-568-8911 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All parade entries must be pre-registered by July 1.
Find complete event information at www.pequotlakes.com.
Blinkie Buttons will be sold beginning in mid-June. Those wearing a Blinkie Button may enjoy specials and discounts at participating businesses throughout the Brainerd lakes area.
Bernice Rohde of Lakes State Bank and co-chair of Bean Hole Days is the parade grand marshal.