Brainerd lakes Fourth of July area round up
• Noon, Corn on the cob feed, sponsored by Brainerd Jaycees.
• 4 p.m. Parade.
• 6-6:30 p.m. - Bill “The King” Musel as Elvis.
• 6:30-7:15 p.m. - Wayne Renn Band.
• 7:30-8:15 p.m. - Kings Ransom.
• 8:30-10 p.m. - Peoplemania.
• 10-10:15 p.m. - Legacy Chorale.
• 10:15-10:35 p.m. - Peoplemania, fireworks medley with world class fireworks, Zambelli Fireworks. Music simulcasted on 3WI Radio, 95.9 FM and 1270 AM.
• 7-10 p.m., Show & Shine - The Bodyworks, The Body Works parking lot. Sponsored by Brainerd Street Merchants.
• NAPA Auto Parts Show & Go, Brainerd International Raceway.
Aitkin City Park, Woock Field
• 5-8 p.m.: Bouncing castle for kids.
• 7-8 p.m.: Track & Field events.
Adults and kids, all are welcome.
Prizes for all events, all levels.
• 7-8 p.m.: Community Band.
• 8:15 p.m.: Presentation of colors.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Singing of the National Anthem.
Persian Gulf Support Group — Recognition of present and past veterans.
• Dusk — Fireworks display.
• 11 a.m. Wednesday, kiddie parade, Main Street, Crosby.
• 11 a.m. Wednesday, main parade, Ironton through downtown Crosby, ending on East Main Street.
• Dusk, Fireworks.
The annual Mission Township Fourth of July Parade will be at 11 a.m. July 7.
Anyone interested in having a float in the parade should line up on Oak Spur at 10:30 a.m. No registration is needed; everyone is welcome.
At 11 a.m. the parade will proceed down Mission Park Drive. A trophy will be awarded for the best float. Judges will be in front of the park.
Gary Stacken will provide a variety of music from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
After the parade, free root beer floats will be served in the park.
Nisswa will host the second day of turtle races at 1 p.m. Wednesday. Registration begins at noon Wednesday at the turtle track downtown.
Following is a list of events:
• Noon: Nisswa Turtle Race registration.
• 1 p.m.: Nisswa Turtle Races begin.
■ Pequot Lakes
Hosted by the Pequot Lakes office of the Brainerd Lakes Chamber, Stars & Stripes Days, the annual Fourth of July celebration in Pequot Lakes, features pig races with L.A. Racing Pigs, as well as July 3 fireworks and the July 4 parade.
This year’s Platinum Event Sponsors are Lakeland Agency and Lakes State Bank, Pequot Lakes. Additional sponsorships remain available and fundraising continues throughout the community with donations being accepted at various businesses and at checkout at Pequot Lakes SuperValu.
Wednesday’s events include:
• 7-11 a.m.: Pequot Lakes Fire Department Pancake Breakfast at the Pequot Lakes Fire Hall.
• 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Flea Market & Craft Fair in Trailside Park.
• 9:30-10:30 a.m.: Kids Art in the Park-Crafts for Kids in Trailside Park.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Moon Jumps in Trailside Park.
• 10:30 a.m.: Money in the Haystack in Trailside Park.
• 10:30 a.m.: Kiddie Parade registration in the Pequot Lakes Welcome Center parking lot.
• 11 a.m.: Kiddie Parade in the Pequot Lakes Welcome Center parking lot.
• Noon: Stars & Stripes Parade.
• 1-3 p.m.: Sloppy joes, pie and beverage in the Cole Memorial Building.
• 2:30 p.m.: Bed Races (five-person teams, traveling trophy), Pequot Lakes Welcome Center parking lot.
Find complete event information at www.pequotlakes.com.
Blinkie Buttons will be sold beginning in mid-June. Those wearing a Blinkie Button may enjoy specials and discounts at participating businesses throughout the Brainerd lakes area.
Bernice Rohde of Lakes State Bank and co-chair of Bean Hole Days is the parade grand marshal.