Fire calls: Smoke turns out to be burnt chicken
Smoke turns out to be burned chicken
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 5:32 p.m. Sunday of smoke coming from an apartment on the 500 block of D Street in northeast Brainerd. While it sounded from the initial call that there may have been a resident in trouble, the smoke was from a burned chicken.
Earlier in the day, firefighters responded to an alarm at 2:09 p.m. on the 9200 block of Lone Pine as a steamy shower set off a smoke alarm.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.