Pine River-Backus School agenda-Sept. 16
Little Falls City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Council chambers, city hall
Call to order/determination of quorum/Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of agenda
Approval of minutes
Approval of bills
Approve checks 83938 through 84038 totaling $228,078.14 and void check 83937.
Awards, donations, presentations and proclamations
Animal Control Report, August 2012 – receive
Display of Fireworks License, Little Falls Lions Club, Sept. 20
Economic Developopment Authority Minutes, August and September 2012
Fire Department Report, August 2012
Housing and Redevelopment Authority Minutes, August 2012
Police Department Report, July 2012
Public Works Report, August 2012
Temporary On Sale Liquor License, Great River Arts Association, Oct. 13
Water Treatment Facility Report, August 2012
Youth Task Force Minutes, August 2012
Public hearings and lettings
1. Resolution 2012-63, Adopt Final Assessment Roll, Public Improvement 363 – adopt PW Director
1. Well No. 4 Rehabilitation, Traut Wells – ratify and confirm PW Director
Airport Commission Recommendation, Public Hearing and Informational Meeting, Environmental Assessment Phase II, Little Falls/Morrison County Airport – call PW Director
Resolution 2012-65, Grant Agreements, Federal Aviation Administration and Minnesota Department of Transportation, Office of Aeronautics, Environmental Assessment, Phase II – adopt Finance Officer
Resolution 2012-64, Minnesota Board of Firefighter Training and Education Grant – adopt City Administrator
Planning Commission Recommendations
1. Rezone, Central MN TOG ENC Christ, 18801 Riverwood, Non-Central Business District B-3
9. New business, continued
d. Planning Commission Recommendations, Continued
2. Rezone, LF Housing Partnership, 800 Ann Marie Circle, Multi-Family Residential R-3 3. Rezone, Highland Court Townhomes of LF, 1104 Southeast Fifth Avenue, Multi- Family Residential R-3
4. Rezone, ISTAR Minnesota LLC, 1910 Haven Road, Heavy Industrial I-2
5. Rezone, Little Falls Convention and Visitors Bureau, 606 Southeast First Street, General Business District B-2
6. Rezone, Linden Hill Conference and Retreat Center, 608 Highland Avenue, General Business District B-2
7. Rezone, 706 Highland LLC, 706 Highland Avenue, One and Two Family Residential R-2
8. Rezone, Holy Family Parish, 18777 Riverwood (Cemetery), One and Two Family Residential R-2
9. Rezone, Holy Family Parish, 18777 Riverwood, One and Two Family Residential R-2 10. Rezone, MDI Partnership #88, 18795 Riverwood, One and Two Family Residential R-2
11. Rezone, Little Falls Lift Station #1, 616 Highland Avenue, One and Two Family Residential R-2
10. Citizens appeals and petitions
a. Citizens Appeals. (5 Minute Limit)
Individuals may address the City Council about any item not included on the agenda. Speakers are requested to come to the podium, state their name and address for the Council record and limit their remarks to five minutes. Generally, the City Council will not take official action on items discussed at this time, but may refer the matter to staff or a committee for a future report or direct the matter to be scheduled on an upcoming agenda.
1. Installation of Water, Fifth Street Northeast from Seventh Avenue to Approximately 320 feet southerly; Resolution 2012-66, Accept Petition and Order Feasibility Report, Public Improvement 367 – receive/adopt PW Director
2. Rezone, Holy Family Parish, 18777 Riverwood (Cemetery), Highway Business District B-3 – receive
3. Rezone, Holy Family Parish, 18777 Riverwood, One and Two Family Residential Mississippi Headwaters R-2 and Highway Business District B-3 – receive
11. City Council reports on city authorities, boards, bureaus, committees and commissions
Regular monthly meeting
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
I. Call to order
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Cell Phones/Electronic Devices
IV. Consider Additions/Deletions/Acceptance of the Agenda
V. Visitor’s Comments
VI. Consider Consent Agenda
A. Minutes of the Aug. 20 meeting
B. Monthly Cash Flow Including Investments
C. Consider Donations: Target Take Charge of Education - $1,218.52 and $686.71; Wells Fargo Foundation Educational Matching Gift Program - $117.50.
VII. Special Reports with Possible Action
1. Consider Monthly Bills
2. Committee Report
1. Committee Report
2. Kindergarten Position
3. 1st Grade Position
VIII. Special Reports
A. Secondary Principal
B. Elementary Principal
C. Superintendent’s Report
Pine River-Backus School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Pine River-Backus High School Media Center
1. Call to order.
2. Welcome to visitors
2.1. Public comments and time for interaction with the board on agenda items
2.2. Spotlight on education - The New Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative: Special Education director, Gaynard Brown, will discuss the reasons surrounding the special education coop’s reorganization under a joint powers agreement. He will also discuss the board’s new responsibilities.
3. Approve agenda.
4. Approve minutes-Aug. 20 special and regular board meetings.
5. Informational items.
6. Consent calendar.
6.1 Approve bills presented.
6.2. Approve investment report.
6.3. Approve treasurer’s report.
6.4. Approve Electronic Funds Transfers and other banking transactions.
6.5. Accept monetary awards and donations.
6.6. Accept the resignation of Sue Ward, bus driver, effective Aug. 20, 2012, and authorize replacement.
6.7. Accept the resignation of Donna Swenson, paraprofessional, effective Oct. 31, and authorize replacement.
6.8. Approve the hiring of Kristin Geschwill as paraprofessional for 6.5 hours daily effective Sept. 6.
6.9. Approve the hiring of Kristin Geschwill as paraprofessional for 6.5 hours daily effective Sept. 6
6.10. Authorize posting for additional para support time of .5 hour daily
6.11. Authorize posting for paraprofessional for 19 hours per week.
6.12. Approve the hiring of Nicholas Bunio as pep band advisor for the 2012-13 school year.
6.13. Approve the hiring of Nicholas Bunio as high school band extra performances advisor for the 2012-13 school year
6.14. Approve the hiring of Joan Batcher as high school vocal extra performances advisor for the 2012-13 school year.
6.15. Approve the hiring of Noelle Kuitunen-Johnson as elementary music performances advisor for the 2012-13 school year.
7. Discussion items
7.1. Systems Accountability report
7.2. 2012 Pay 2013 Levy
7.3. 2012-13 Staff development goals
7.4. MDE/NJPA teacher evaluation seminar
8. Action items
8.1. Approve the systems accountability report
8.2. Certify 2012 Pay 2013 Levy
8.3. Approve the 2012-13 Staff Development Goals
9. Open Forum
10. Next regular board meeting, 7 p.m. Oct. 15, high school media center