Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Dust and smoke machine result in fire calls

Email

Aitkin home full of smoke

AITKIN — Aitkin firefighters responded to a call at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday of a residence on the 700 block of Northeast Fourth Street to a home filled with smoke.

Advertisement

Aitkin Fire Chief Brian Pisarek said it appeared that the furnace malfunctioned and caused the smoke. Pisarek said there was not much smoke damage and that everyone was OK.

About 18 firefighters responded to the call.

Dust and smoke machine result in fire calls

The Brainerd Fire Department responded to two calls Monday.

At 3:29 p.m., firefighters responded to a call at Heritage of Assembly of God Church in Baxter. It was reported that dust from people cleaning set off the smoke detector.

At 9:07 p.m., firefighters responded to a call at The Hubb, 707 Laurel St., Brainerd. It was reported that the band’s smoke machine set off the smoke detector.

Advertisement
Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889
Advertisement
Advertisement