Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

9 treated after CO problem at SCSU sorority house

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Brainerd, 56401
Brainerd MN 506 James St. / PO Box 974 56401

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) — Elevated carbon monoxide levels at a St. Cloud State sorority house sent nine people to the hospital this week.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/XaIlV6) reports the house had to be evacuated until the problem was fixed.

Police and firefighters were called after a doctor at St. Cloud Hospital detected elevated carbon monoxide levels in a tenant who went to the emergency room.

St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post says rescuers went to the house early Wednesday and found potentially dangerous carbon monoxide levels.

Post says the fire department was called to the same house about a week earlier on a report of a gas smell but couldn't find anything.

A clogged vent line in a water heater may have been the source. The house owner replaced the water heater Thursday.

___

Information from: St. Cloud Times, http://www.sctimes.com

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Advertisement
Brainerd Dispatch customer support
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness