Animals saved in barn fire
Ducks, geese and chickens were saved from a burning barn Sunday near the intersection of Highway 18 and Crow Wing County Road 144, Brainerd Fire Chief Kevin Stunek said.
Stunek said there was minor damage to the barn located on 13328 Crow Wing County Road 144. Stunek said it appeared that the fire started from a small heater that was plugged in with an extension cord in the barn.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Call 218-855-5897 and we can help you.