■ Cause of fire
BAXTER — The cause of a fire that extensively damaged an attached garage and reached the two-story Baxter home Friday still was not known Monday, Brainerd Fire Chief Kevin Stunek said.
No one was injured in the home or in fighting the fire on 5657 Clearwater Road, Baxter. The fire was reported at 7:33 p.m. The garage was engulfed in fire and parts of the home were damaged as the fire reached into the roof. Some damage was reported inside the home.
Brainerd firefighters were on the scene about four hours, but reported the home itself is not a complete loss. According to Crow Wing County records, the home is listed to Ronald and Lynda Staples.
The Nisswa Fire Department provided mutual aid.
■ Wausau employees’
The two Wausau Paper employees, who were transported Saturday to the hospital after an equipment malfunction in the steam plant, were treated for minor smoke inhalation, Brainerd Fire Chief Kevin Stunek said Monday.
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 2:51 a.m. Saturday at the northeast plant at 1801 Mill Avenue. The fire was reported to be contained to the equipment with minor physical damage to the plant.