Crow Wing County's Most Wanted
Have you seen these eight men and two women?
Have you seen these eight men and two women?
They are on the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Office’s Most Wanted list.
The sheriff’s office has roughly between 1,200 to 1,400 people on any given day who have outstanding county warrants and who are wanted by authorities. And the sheriff’s office would like to find these people.
The current Most Wanted list in Crow Wing consists of Nathan David Becker, Larry Benjamin Berg Jr., Lawrence Buttler Johnson, Ike Edward Isackson, Gregory John Spaid Jr., Douglas Bert Melby III, Alex Waed Coleman, Bryan Joseph Schoenecker, Samantha Jo Martin and Clarissa Anne Smith.
The sheriff’s office’s Most Wanted list is tabulated by the most recent violators from the past six months to the most serious of violations.
Crow Wing County Sheriff Todd Dahl said the two most common crimes for which warrants are issued for are traffic and probation violations.
Dahl said deputies check the warrant list often to keep the faces and names fresh in their mind so while they’re out on patrol they’ll know if they come in contact with someone with a warrant. Depending on the call load, deputies spend time looking for people with warrants and they’ve been known to go door to door.
Dahl said people with outstanding warrants are located every day, with the help of law enforcement agencies throughout the state and nation. Dahl said often times the county has to pick up someone with a warrant from other parts of the state.
“We encourage people who have seen people who have outstanding county warrants, to call us right away to report it,” said Dahl. “But we ask that you do not approach them.”
Anyone who knows of someone with an outstanding warrant may call the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Department at 829-4749. The person may remain anonymous.
The sheriff’s department’s list of all outstanding warrants are posted on the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Department’s Web site at http://www.co.crow-wing.mn.us/index.aspx?nid=517, and has been since 2004.
■ A glance at the Most Wanted list:
• Nathan David Becker: A warrant was issued for Becker, 24, on Feb. 13 for third-degree drug sale. The last known city for Becker is Brainerd. Becker was charged Sept. 28, 2012, for two counts of third-degree sale of drugs when a Lakes Area Drug Investigative Division (LADID) informant purchased two grams of methamphetamine to them on Maple Street in Brainerd. The warrant for Becker was issued when he failed to appear in court.
• Larry Benjamin Berg Jr.: A warrant was issued for Berg, 40, on Feb. 22 for a predatory offender violation. The last known city for Berg is East Gull Lake. The warrant for Berg was issued because he was evicted from the residence where he was living on the 500 block of South Eighth Street in Brainerd and he didn’t let anyone know where he was moving to.
• Lawrence Buttler Johnson: A warrant was issued for Johnson, 43, on Jan. 3 for a probation violation on a fourth-degree sale of controlled substance charge. The last known city is Minneapolis. Johnson was charged May 15, 2007, when a (LADID) informant purchased crack cocaine from Johnson on March 5 and 15 on the 600 block of James Street in Brainerd. Johnson was sentenced to 18 months in jail, with seven of those years stayed. The warrant for Johnson was issued beca≠use he failed to be law abiding, failed to obtain permission from his probation agent to leave the state and he failed to report to his agent as directed.
• Ike Edward Isackson: A warrant was issued for Isackson, 31, on Oct. 25, 2012, for third-degree criminal sexual conduct. The last known city is Pequot Lakes. Isackson was charged Feb. 10, 2010 to third-degree criminal sexual conduct with minors in Brainerd.
• Gregory John Spaid Jr.: A warrant was issued for Spaid, 23, on Dec. 31, 2012, for a probation violation on a third-degree assault charge. The last known city is Brainerd. Spaid was charged June 19, 2008, for assaulting Justin Rinde in Brainerd. He was sentenced Sept. 5, 2008, to five years to supervised probation and 30 days in jail. The warrant for Spaid was issued because he failed to complete treatment.
• Douglas Bert Melby III: A warrant was issued for Melby, 31, on Oct. 18, 2012, for a probation violation on a weapon violation. The last known city is Shakopee. Melby was charged Jan. 26, 2012, following a Nov. 6, 2011, incident where he had a deer riffle with a sling, while he had two active warrants against him where he was not suppose to carry firearms. He was sentenced Oct. 3, 2012, to 90 days in jail, with 60 months of supervised probation. The warrant was issued because Melby failed to report to jail.
• Alex Waed Coleman: A warrant was issued for Coleman, 21, on Nov. 27, 2012, for fleeing on a motor vehicle. The last known city is Baxter. Coleman was charged Oct. 11, 2012, after a Sept. 18, 2012, incident where he allegedly stole a minivan from Cass County and led police on a pursuit on Highway 210 and Crow Wing County Road 12, heading to Ironton. A warrant was issued because Coleman failed to appear in court.
• Bryan Joseph Schoenecker: A warrant was issued for Schoenecker, 41, on Oct. 19, 2012, for first-degree driving while intoxicated (DWI). The last known city is Hillman. Schoenecker was charged Oct. 19, 2012, for first-degree DWI. Schoenecker was involved in a Sept. 22, 2012, one-vehicle rollover crash on Crow Wing County Road 8 and Poster Lane. Schoenecker, who has five prior DWI convictions, was treated for his injuries in an Onamia hospital. A warrant is out for Schoenecker as he never was found to be arrested.
• Samantha Jo Martin: A warrant was issued for Martin, 25, on Feb. 25 for a probation violation on third-degree burglary. The last known city is Pillager. Martin was sentenced Feb. 7 for third-degree burglary that occurred at Heartland Animal Rescue Team (HART) in Baxter. She was given a stay of imposition of five years of supervised probation and 60 days in Crow Wing County Jail on the burglary charges. A warrant is out for Martin as she failed to report to jail.
According to the criminal complaint, Martin admitted to going to HART; stealing a dog without paying the $600 in fees owed; letting out the other dogs; spray painting the building; causing damage to locks, law enforcement door and fences; and cutting the phone lines.
• Clarissa Anne Smith: A warrant was issued for Smith, 25, on July 11, 2012, for second-degree burglary. The last known city is Onamia. Smith was charged May 1, 2009, for her involvement in burglaries at a residence in Garrison on Jan. 25, 2009. Items taken were guns, various computer items, foreign currency and other electronics. She was sentenced Feb. 16, 2010 to 18 months in jail with 10 years of that sentence is stayed. A warrant was issued because Smith failed to cooperate with her probation agent.