Pillager School agenda
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order – 7:30 p.m.
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Agenda
5. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on March 18, 2013 and the Council Strategic Planning Session held on March 25, 2013, as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses
1. Contractor’s Licenses – - New
2. Contractor’s Licenses – - Renewals
C. Department Reports
1. Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
3. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
D. LMCIT Liability Coverage Waiver Form – City Does Not Waive Monetary Limits on Municipal Tort Liability Established by MN Statutes 466.04 – Recommended by City Administrator Goble – Approval of
E. Parks and Recreation Department – Park Director Tony Sailer – Complete 6-Month Probationary Period – Proceed to Step “D” (100%) of Salary Administration Plan – $5,456.31 per month Effective March 26, 2013 – Approval of
F. Call for Applicants:
1. Cable TV Advisory Committee – One Term to Expire 12/31/2015
2. Charter Commission – One Term to Expire 12/31/2015
3. Rental Dwelling Board of Appeals:
a. One “Tenant Representative Position” – Term Expires 12/31/2014
b. One “General Public Representative” – Term Expires 12/31/2014
4. Transportation Committee – Two Terms to Expire 12/31/2014
6. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
7. Unfinished Business
A. Mobile Food Trucks – Discussion of – (See Attachments)
B. First Reading – Proposed Ordinance No. 1403 – An Ordinance Amending Section 1200.03 of the Brainerd City Code to Permit Issuance of On-Sale Brewer Taproom and Off-Sale Growler Liquor Licenses – (See Attachment)
C. Green Step Cities – Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the City of Brainerd to Participate in the Minnesota Greenstep Cities Program – (See Attachment)
8. New Business
A. Resolution in Support of Local Government Aid Reform Including an Additional Appropriation of $80 Million for Local Government Aid and a New, Fairer Distribution Formula Contained in HF 1608 and SF 1491 – Adoption of – (See Attachment)
9. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief
G – Park Director
H – Council President
11. Council Committee Reports
A – Safety and Public Works Committee
B – Personnel and Finance Committee
C – Other Committees
12. Adjourn – To Closed Session to discuss Union Contract Negotiations
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m. Tuesday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills
2. Compensation Study RFP Results
3. Fire Department Items
• SAFER Grant Funding Options
• Medical Runs
4. Authorize Expenditure or $300 from General Unallocated Fund for 6 Months of Radio Ads Promoting Businesses in Brainerd – Beginning April 1, 2013
5. Parks and Recreation Department – Park Director Tony Sailer – Complete 6-Month Probationary Period – Proceed to Step “D” (100 percent) of Salary Administration Plan – $5,456.31 per month Effective March 26, 2013 – Approval of
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City council chambers
1. Resolution Establishing Connection Charges.
2. Improvements 13-01, 13-02, and 13-03 - Adoption of a Resolution Approving Plans and Specifications and Authorizing Advertisement of Bids Returnable by 11:00 a.m., May 1, 2013.
3. Authorize RFP for Transit Services July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015.
4. Snow Plowing on Dal-Mar Drive.
5. Mosquito Control.
6. Code Enforcement Intern.
7. City Hall North Wall Replacement.
8. Downtown Landscaping and Irrigation Maintenance Quotes.
9. Building Permit Rebate Program
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
A work session of the Baxter City Council will be held on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 immediately following the 7 p.m. regular City Council meeting at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, for the purposes of discussing leaf management, parking lot landscaping requirements, Riverview Park improvements, Isle Drive Project, and town meeting plans. No formal actions will be taken at this meeting.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Camp Ripley Briefing for the 2013 Annual Training Schedule – Colonel Scott A. St. Sauver.
6. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Work Session and City Council Minutes from March 19, 2013.
B. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report.
C. Accept Parks Minutes from March 25, 2013.
D. Approve Eligibility of Navillus Land Company, to Obtain Building Permits for Lots 15 & 16 of Block 1 and Lots 1&2 of Block 2 of Phase Two of Aspen Ridge Townhomes, per Title 1, Chapter 10, Section 1-10-5, E of the Baxter City Code
E. Approve Utility Connection Agreement for 14626 Inglewood Drive.
F. Approve Baxter Lions Club Whipple Beach Park Volunteer Clean Up
7. Pulled Agenda Items
8. Other Business
A. Request by Jim Hartman to Waive Utility Payment Late Fees
B. Planning and Zoning Actions
1. Planned Unit Development Sketch Plan Review for Autumn Glen
9. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
10. City Attorney’s Report
A. Land Acquisition Negotiation (closed session)
11. City Administrator’s Report
Crow Wing County meetings
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
9:30 a.m. Thursday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission at Airport Conference Room
11 a.m. Thurday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission’s Long Term Strategic Planning Meeting at Airport Conference Room
8:30 a.m. April 8, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers at Meeting Room 1
9 a.m. April 8, Budget Committee at Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room Courthouse, Walker
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
b. Labor contracts approval (Local #346-Dispatcher/Records Unit; Local #49 Operating Engineers;
Local #2195 AFSCME-Crtse Unit, and Non-Union Personnel.
c. Discuss National Volunteer Recognition Week – April 21-27, 2013.
Request to be heard:
a. Kevin Beal – Regarding Eelpout Festival.
Tom Burch - Sheriff
a. Discuss the School Outreach Planning.
b. Jail camera plan.
Reno Wells – HHVS Director.
a. Receive & file 2012 Annual Health, Human & Veterans Services Report.
Dale Yerger – Executive Director, Norm Moody – Vice President Deep Portage Learning Center. a. Discuss additional roof solar panels added to the Deep Portage Learning – Great Hall.
Dave Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Present the 2013 County Road Maintenance Program.
b. Award contracts on roadway striping, and County Project No. C.M. 2013-1(CSAH 25, CSAH 41,
C.R. 106, C.R. 116 & C.R. 117 and C.I.A. 2013 -1 Snow Snake Trail Maintenance Improvements.
c. City of Lake Shore request for construction project on CSAH#77.
d. Discuss 5-year capital road plan.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
Close the meeting to the public for department head annual evaluation and report results at the next regular meeting pursuant to M.S.13D.05
a. Dave Enblom – Highway Engineer.
1. Approve board minutes of March 19, 2013, March 26, 2013.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated March 14, 2013 in the amount of $233,367.53.
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated March 21, 2013 in the amount of $186,809.80.
4. Approve Auditor warrants dated March 28, 2013 in the amount of $185,757.35.
5. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated March 22, 2013 in the amount of $145,047.92.
6. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated March 22, 2013 in the amount of $112,909.94.
7. Approve personnel items.
8. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
9. Award quote to Superior Forestry Services, Inc for planting approximately 118,500 trees during the 2013 spring planning season in the amount of $50.60/thousand seedlings.
10. Receive & file notice of Sheriff’s Office transfer of Electronic Home Monitoring Program to the Probation Department.
11. Report on recent MN Department of Human Services audit findings.
12. Receive & file Cass County Annual Family Center Reports.
13. Approve out of state travel for Assistant Veterans Service Officer Jeff Woodford – to attend accreditation training at the National Association of County Veterans Services Officers (NACVSO) Conference June 2, 2013 through June 8, 2013 Reno, Nevada.
14. Approve - HHVS Purchase of Service contracts from April 1, 2013 through March 31, 2016 - Home, But Not Along Home Care, LLC – no changes; Riverside Assisted Living/Riverside Senior Living- March 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013 – no changes.
15. Approve annual Cass County Capital Improvement Plan Hearing during the meeting which begins at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 18, 2013, at the Sylvan Twp.Hall-12956 24th Ave. SW, Pillager, MN.
16. Award contract to Fuhr Flying Service not to exceed $19,265.75- color infrared aerial photography flight –South Cass County.
17. Approve Resolution for Grant in Aid (GIA) Snowmobile Trail Permits from the State of MN from October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2018.
18. Authorize project management agreement with Mark Beard – 2013 Capital Maintenance Program.
19. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
20. Receive & file timber auction results of March 28, 2013 totaling 4,692 cords plus 43.30 mbf saw timber totaling $103,457.00
Little Falls City Council
Special work session
Meets 6:15 p.m. Monday
Conference Room, City Hall
1. Call to order/Determination of Quorum Council President
Citizens appeals (5 Minute Limit)
Individuals may address the City Council about an item not included on the agenda. Speakers are required to state their name and address for the Council record and limit their remarks to five minutes. Generally, the City Council will not take official action on items discussed at this time, but may refer the matter to staff or a committee for a future report or direct the matter to be scheduled on an upcoming agenda.
Council informational only items
a. Darling and Green Prairie Townships’ Request for Donation City Administrator
b. Mission Statement Council member Boyum
c. Downtown and Highway Signage PW Director
d. Petitions, Theresa Skorseth and Robin Hensel City Administrator
e. Planning Commission Discussions, Zoning PW Director
f. Snow Plowing PW Director
g. Zebra, Friends of Pine Grove Zoo PW Director
2. Adjournment Council
Curriculum Committee meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Thursday
I. Call to order
II. Ramp-Up Update
III. 2013-14 Technology Update
IV. PAES Curriculum
V. English II Grad. Credit
VI. 11th ACT Funding
VII. Curriculum Review Status
Activities Committee Meeting
Pillager School Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Friday
I. Call to Order
II. Schedule C Discussion
III. Wrestling Recommendation
IV. Lumberjacks Football