Firefighters respond to gas leaks
Natural gas leak leads
to road closures Saturday
The Brainerd Fire Department received a call regarding a propane smell Saturday near 13th Street by the Crow Wing County Fairgrounds and the Stoney Brook mobile home community.
The first call came in at 11:41 a.m. as the gas smell evidently was moving south on the wind. A gas leak wasn’t found. Another call came in at 4:37 p.m. by Beech Street where a natural gas leak was discovered at a substation. CenterPoint Energy was called. Firefighters cleared the scene at 5:25 p.m.
Brainerd firefighters responded to another call at 1:45 p.m. Sunday of a propane leak inside a home on the 11600 block of Oak Lane in Cass County inside the fire department’s coverage area. The home was ventilated. No injuries were reported.