Brainerd School Board Personnel Committee agenda-June 30
Brainerd City Council
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to Order – 7:30 p.m.
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Agenda
5. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on June 17, 2013, as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses – (See Attachment)
1. Contractor’s Licenses – 1 – Renewal
C. Department Reports
1. Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
3. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application for Exempt Permit – Submitted by Central Lakes College Foundation for a raffle to be held on Sept. 15 at Central Lakes College – Approval of
E. Temporary 3.2 Malt Beverage (Beer) On Sale License Application – Submitted by the Brainerd Jaycees for an event to be held on July 13-14 at Memorial Field, 1700 Mill Avenue, Brainerd – Contingent on Police and Fire Chief Authorization – Approval of
F. Temporary 3.2 Malt Beverage (Beer) On Sale License Application – Submitted by the Brainerd Jaycees for an event to be held on August 10, 2013 in Downtown Brainerd – Contingent on Police and Fire Chief Authorization – Approval of
G. Call for Applicants:
1. Charter Commission – One Term to Expire 12/31/2015
2. Housing & Redevelopment Authority (HRA) – One Term to Expire 6/6/18
3. Rental Dwelling Board of Appeals:
a. One “Tenant Representative Position” – Term Expires 12/31/2014
b. One “General Public Representative” – Term Expires 12/31/2014
4. Parks and Recreation Board – Term Expires 12/31/2014
5. Transportation Committee – Two Terms to Expire 12/31/2014
6. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
7. Unfinished Business
A. HRA Grant Documents – Approval of and Authorization of Signatures.
B. Public Hearing – Final Reading – Proposed Ordinance No. 1406 – Rezoning the East Side of 13th Street South, South of Brook Street, from R-1 (Single Family) District to I-2 (General Industrial) District – City Administrator Goble Recommends Dispensing with the Actual Reading – Approval of.
C. Strategic Plan – Adoption of
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief
G – Park Director
H – Council President
10. Council Committee Reports
A – Safety and Public Works Committee
B – Personnel and Finance Committee
C – Other Committees
11. Committee Resignations – Accept with Regret
A – Barbara Egan from Park Board – Effective 6/19/2013
12. Committee Recommendation – Recommended by Mayor Wallin – Approval of
A – Mary Koep, Kitchigami Regional Library Rep, Term to Expire – 12/31/2014
13. Adjourn – To Closed Session Pursuant to Attorney Client Privilege to discuss Eminent Domain Appeal and to SRTS Walkthrough to be held at Garfield School on July 8 at 5:30 p.m.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
City Hall conference room
1. Approval of Bills
2. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Refunding by Other Municipalities of Certain Revenue Obligations Previously Issued for the Benefit of CDL Homes, LLC
3. Whittier Task Force Neighborhood Notification Strategy – Discussion of
4. Fire Department
• Fire District Research – Discussion of
• Unorganized Territory Fire Service
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Clean-up Results
2. Street Closure Request
3. Project Finals
4. City Hall Restoration Bids
5. Citation Appeal
6. Lead Abatement Information
7. Cuyuna Lakes State Trail – Adoption of a Resolution of Support of Trail Corridor Across County Land
8. Assessment Appeal – South 7th Street
9. Sod on SE 19th Street
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
The Baxter City Council will conduct a work session on Tuesday beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the Baxter City Hall for the purposes of discussing the 2014 initial budget, capital improvements program, town meeting plans and inclusive playground update. No formal action will be taken at this meeting. The Baxter EDA will hold its regular meeting at 6:45 p.m.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Work Session and City Council Minutes from June 18, 2013.
B. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report.
C. Accept the ARC Minutes of June 19, 2013.
1. Approve the exterior materials for the proposed Lindar Corporation Addition per staff findings.
D. Accept the Long Range Planning minutes of June 24.
E. Adopt 2014 Budget Calendar.
F. Approve Purchase of Public Works and Parks Departments 800 MHz Radios and Amend 2013 Budget.
G. Approve the transfer of $2,000 from Drug Forfeiture fund to purchase equipment for police department.
H. Approve the Appointment of Ken Hasskamp to the Parks & Trails Commission.
I. Adopt Resolution No. 13-7/1-1 Revoking Covenants.
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Planning & Zoning Actions.
1. Adopt Resolution No. 13-7/1-2 Approving a Setback Variance for a Deck at 12517 Norway Spruce Drive per Staff Findings and Conditions.
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room Courthouse, Walker
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
Continued Public Hearing on the Capital Improvement Plan.
Jeff Holubar, Loss Control Consultant - Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust.
a. Annual MCIT Report.
Eric Raitanen – Fisheries Biologist – Chippewa National Forest.
a. Knutson Dam Improvement Project.
John Ringle – ESD Director, Ken LaPorte – SWCD Board Chairman.
a. Walker storm water project.
b. Approve summer intern.
Mark Peterson – County Assessor.
a. 2013 State Board of Equalization outcome from MN Department of Revenue.
b. Receive & file 2012 Abatement Summary.
c. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatement.
Lori Vrolson – Central MN Council on Aging.
a. Program summary and approval of the annual MOU.
Reno Wells – HHVS Director.
a. IMU restructure presentation - Candy Enblom, and Melanie Wolfe.
b. Receive & file Assistant VSO appointment – Jeff Woodford.
c. Health4Life update – Jeri Seegmiller, LeeAnn Sampson.
d. Take It To The Box strategic plan for 2013-2014-Jamie Richter, Kelly Felton, and Pauline Fahey.
e. Update Working Together Coalition - Kelly Felton.
Tom Burch – Sheriff.
a. Receive & file 2013 Cass County Jail restructuring plan.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. County Board Meeting in Commissioner District #2 July 16, 6 p.m. at May Township Hall, 5834 112th Street SW, Motley, Minn.
Tour of the Cass County Courthouse remodeling project, the LEC and Detention Center.
1. Approve Board Minutes of June 18.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated June 13 in the amount of $254,267.17.
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated June 20 in the amount of $319,622.64.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated June 21 in the amount of $166,498.86.
5. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated June 21 in the amount of $115,408.81.
6. Approve personnel items.
7. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
8. Award quote for sealing/abandonment of existing sand point well on tax forfeit Parcel #34-024-2109 (Sec. 24, Twp. 139 (Powers) Rge. 30.
9. Authorize budgeted support for FY2013 2nd half to: Cass County Historical Society in the amount of $2,500 and Cass County Agricultural Association (Pine River) in the amount of $2,500.00, and the Cass County Ag Society (Pillager) in the amount of $2,500 and Cass County HRA in the amount of $3,300 (January - June 2013).
10. Approve renewal agreement with Election Systems & Software, LLC for 86 machines.
11. Approve agreement for election services proposed for ISD No. 118 Northland Community Schools, not to exceed $3,500.
12. Receive & file - HHVS Cash Account Balance Comparison and Child Service Costs through May 2013.
13. Approve agreement between the Morrison Todd Wadena Community Health Board and the Cass County Community Health Board for participation in the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) Program.
14. Approve - Cass County HHVS debt write off list from May 1, 2012, to Apr. 30, 2013, in the amount of $21,517.07.
15. Award mowing contracts to Northfork Boulders and Excavating for Cut Lake/Hiram-Snowflea/Mayo Creek, and Shrupp Excavating for Vermilion/Thunder Hollow/Washburn/Old Grade- Gull Lake Archery Range upon receipt of proper insurance requirements.
16. Approve claim on performance bond for forest inventory contractor Chandler Johnson in the loss amount of $1,668.29.
17. Award quotes on forest road repair on Bull Moose to Schrupp Excavating not to exceed $250 plus sales tax and authorize the Cass County Land Department to pay the bill from our trail maintenance account.
18. Refer Cass County EDC service agreement to the Cass County Citizen Budget Committee.
19. Approve 5th & 6th final pay request for Gorham Oien Mechanical, Inc. (Chiller replacement) in the amount of $16,445.
20. Approve Joint Powers Agreement with the MN DOC – Sentence to Serve Grant in the amount of $29,256.72 from July 1, 2013- June 30, 2015(CFMS contract #63343).
21. Approve Resolution No. 27–13 requesting an easement from MNDNR to facilitate the CSAH 4 construction project.
22. Approval to utilize money that was set aside for ARMER completion for the Pillager Tower change request in the amount of $1,900.
23. Approve Motorola Solutions Service Agreement for the 800Mhz system in the amount of $4,049.66/mo. from June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014.
Crow Wing County committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
10 a.m. Monday, Personnel Committee at County Administrator’s Conference Room
Thursday, Fourth of July, County Offices closed
8:30 a.m. July 8, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers at Meeting Room 1
5 p.m. July 8, Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority at County Administrator’s Conference Room
Brainerd School Board
Meets 11:30 a.m. July 10
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak Street, Brainerd
1. Call to order.
2. Recommendation will be made to move into closed session for the purpose of labor group contract negotiations strategy discussion.
3. Any other such business that may properly come before the board.