Little Falls School board agenda
Baxter City Council
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
The Baxter City Council will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, MN for the purposes of discussing the safe routs to school grant, update on the Franklin Drive, Wildflower Drive, & Woida Improvement project, south segment of Inglewood, Falcon Drive Improvements, park pavilion project, 2014 city council and commissions meeting calendar, and project updates.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Minutes from Dec. 17, 2013
B. Approve City Council Work Session Minutes from Dec. 17, 2013
C. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report
D. Approve 2014 Meeting Calendar for City Council and Commissions
E. Approve Resolution No. 2014-01 Establishing the 2014 Annual Designations
F. Approve Resolution No. 2014-02 Establishing the 2014 Council Appointments
G. Approve the purchase of dump truck with all accessories in the amount of $187,552.87
H. Approve Summary Ordinance 2014-01 CenterPoint Franchise Agreement
I. Approve 2014 DE Media, Dispatch Echo Advertising Contract
J. Approve Resolution No. 2014-03 Cypress Drive Railroad Crossing Grant Application
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Public Hearing to consider whether or not it is in the public interest to vacate various drainage and utility easements within outlots A and B, Autumn Glen.
B. Approve Resolution No. 2014-04 Vacating Property, Autumn Glen
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to Order – 7:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Prayer for the New Year – Mayor Wallin
5. Approval of Agenda
6. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the December 9, 2013 Budget Public Hearing and the Regular Meeting held on December 16, 2013, as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses
1. Contractor’s Licenses – 36 – Renewals
2. Tobacco License – 2 – Renewals
4. Garbage Hauler License – 2 – Renewals
C. Department Reports
1. Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
3. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
D. Designation of Brainerd Dispatch as Official Newspaper for Calendar Year 2014 – Required by Charter
E. Designation of Financial Institutions as Depositories for 2014: Bremer Bank, Wells Fargo, Lakewood Bank, US Bancorp, First National Bank of Deerwood, People’s National Bank, Frandsen Bank & Trust, Riverwood Bank, RBC Wealth Management, 4M Money Market, PMA Financial Network, Inc. and Morgan Stanley
F. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application for Exempt Permit – Submitted by Brainerd Lakes Chapter of Muskies, Inc. for a Raffle to be held on March 1, 2014 at the Brainerd Armory – Approval of
G. Signature Authorization for 2014 Capital Projects for the Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport – Adoption of Resolution – (See Attachment)
H. Call for Applicants:
Airport Commission – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2016
Cable TV Advisory Committee – 2 Terms to Expire on 12/31/2016
Charter Commission – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2017
Library Board – 4 Terms to Expire on 12/31/2019
Park Board – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2018
Planning Commission – 2 Terms to Expire on 12/31/2016
Police and Fire Civil Service Commission – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2016
Public Utilities Commission – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2018
Transportation Advisory Committee – 6 Terms to Expire on 12/31/2015
7. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
8. Council Committee Reports
A – Personnel and Finance
B – Safety and Public Works
9. Unfinished Business
A. Bob Olson – Request to Appear Before Council
B. GreenStep City Committee Appointment – Mr. Eric Pouliot
10. New Business
A. Petition of Wausau Paper Printing & Writing LLC for Waiver of Obligation to Repay JOBZ Tax Benefits – Action Required
B. Authorization to Discuss with Downtown Property Owners Listing Downtown on the National Register of Historic Places – Funding Potential for Building Exterior and Interior Improvements
11. Planning Commission
A. Variance – 1423 S 10th Street; Accessory Building Height
12. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – City Administrator
D – City Engineer (See Attached Annual Report)
E – City Planner (See Attached Annual Report)
F – Fire Chief (See Attached Annual Report)
G – Park Director (See Attached Annual Report)
H – Council President
14. Council Other Committee Reports
15. Committee Resignations – Accept With Regret:
A – Ms. Jan Lambert – Planning Commission – Effective 1/6/14
B – Mr. Kevin Stumpf – Decline Reappt to Cable TV Advisory Committee
16. Committee Recommendations – Recommended by President Cumberland
A – Council Member Gary Scheeler as Airport Commission Council Liaison for a term to expire on 12/31/2014
17. Adjourn – To 28th Street Cost Distribution Joint Meeting To be Held on Tuesday at 7 p.m. with Oak Lawn Township Board
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m. Monday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills
2. Mind Mixer (Community Engagement Tool) Presentation (15 Minutes)
3. City of East Gull Lake Fire Service Contract Termination Effective 1-1-15
Acknowledge receipt of notice & set special council workshop for Jan. 13 to review financial consequences of the 2015 assessment to fire service entities.
4. Memorandum of Understanding with International Association of Firefighters, Brainerd Local 4725 – Approval of.
5. Downtown Motel – Status report from Brainerd Housing and Redevelopment Authority.
6. City Administrator Position – Employment Contract Offer to Mr. Patrick Wussow – Approval of. Sharon Klumpp of Springsted to present.
7. Wage Resolutions & Union Contracts Effective Jan. 1, 2014 – Approval of.
1) IBEW Local 31 – Administrative Support Employees
2) IUOE Local 49– Parks Department Maintenance Employees
3) IUOE Local 49 – Street & Sewer Employees
4) City Administrator Goble, Department Heads & Non-Contract Supervisory Employees
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. 2014 Improvements – Adoption of a Resolution Receiving Report and Calling for a Public Hearing at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 21
2. Improvement 12-12 – Buffalo Hills Trail – Request for Amendment to Services Agreement
3. Improvement 13-20 – Buffalo Creek Watershed Improvements
4. Safe Routes to School Project Solicitation
5. Status of Phone System Update
6. 1223 Pine Street – update
7. City Engineer Association of Minnesota (CEAM) Project of the Year Award
8. February 3, 2014 Committee Meeting
Brainerd Planning Commission
Meets 6 p.m. Wednesday
City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order
2. Approval/Amendment of Agenda
3. Approval of minutes of the regular meeting of December 11, 2013 and Special Meeting of Jan. 2, 2014
4. New business
a. Public Hearing – Zoning Text Amendment to Permit Industrial District and Mixed Use District Zoning Structure Demolition by Interim Use Permit
5. Public forum – Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Planning Commission – Time limits may be imposed.
6. Old business
a. Brainerd Hotel – Discussion
b. Dispending Methadone, Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment – Status
c. Winter Workshop – Discussion
7. Commissioners’ Questions/Comments
8. City Planner Report
Meets 9:30 a.m. Thursday
Airport Conference Room
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Review and Approval of Agenda.
4. Appointment Chair/Vice Chair.
5. Appointment of Commissioners.
6. Consent Calendar.
7. Approval to Pay Bills.
A. As Submitted.
8. Public Forum. (Time limits may be imposed.) (5 minutes)
A. Airport Manager. (10 minutes)
B. Leases Committee. (15 minutes)
C. Economic and Commercial Development Committee. (10 minutes)
D. Consulting Engineer. (20 minutes)
1. GA Terminal Schematic Design.
10. Old Business.
11. New Business.
A. Discussion of Items Which Developed After Publication of Agenda.
12. Next Meeting Date – Feb. 6, 9:30 a.m.
Meets 4 p.m. Thursday
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak Street, Brainerd
1. Call to order
2. Revision to Fiscal Year 2014 Budget
3. Any other such business that may properly come before the board.
Meets 4:45 p.m. Thursday
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak Street, Brainerd
1. Call to order
2. Recommendation will be made to move into closed session for the purpose of labor group contract negotiations strategy discussion.
3. Any other such business that may properly come before the board
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room Courthouse, Walker
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. 2014 Board reorganization
1. Election of Vice Chair.
2. Election of Chair.
c. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Approve Resolution No. 01-14 establishing 2014 Meeting Rules of Business.
c. Award 2014 printing and publishing bids.
d. Authorize labor counsel services.
e. Approve updated 2014 Committee appointment list.
Tom Burch – Sheriff.
a. Approve Service Agreement with the Family Safety Network.
John Ringle – ESD Director.
a. Approve referral of the proposed subsurface sewage treatment system (SSTS) ordinance to the Planning Commission for first reading and authorize related notices to the public.
Sharon Anderson – Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Approve Resolution No. 03-14 establishing minimum salaries for elected county officers filing in 2014.
b. Approve updated data practice policies.
c. Cass County EDC project - application to the MN Investment Fund (MN Dept. of Employment and Economic Development) for American Surplus & Manufacturing
1. County process – Sharon Anderson
2. Project summary – Gail Leverson
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Approve Commissioners Board Meeting 2014 summer schedule.
b. Approve Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Joint Meeting date(s).
1. Approve Board Minutes of Dec. 17, 2013.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 12, 2013 in the amount of $144,384.40.
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated Dec. 19, 2013 in the amount of $668,564.72.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Dec. 20, 2013 in the amount of $264,505.64.
5. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Dec. 20, 2013 in the amount of $135,027.37.
6. Approve personnel items.
7. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
8. Approve the daily meal and incidental expense reimbursement for FY2013
9. Receive & file timber auction results of Dec. 19, 2013 totaling 5,046 cords plus 72.30mbf saw timber totaling $101,456.
10. Approve issuance of check to James Kopachek in the amount of $221.34 previously cancelled by board action on Sept. 17, 2013.
11. Authorize - Payments to Mark J. Beard in the amount of $675, Solus LED in the amount of $31,416.06 (Inv. #300329), Anderson Heating & Air Conditioning in the amount of $7,500 (Invoice#2419); WSN(Invoice #94057) in the amount of $7,910.50 for remodel Highway Shops & Pine River Govt. Bldg. (source of funds from Capital Fund – Garages & Capital Outlay Bldgs.)
12. Approve use of Conservation Fund #73 for Shingobee Connection Trail Project Phase IV in the amount of $68,246.93.
13. Receive & file FY2013 Secure Rural Schools funding from the US Forest Service.
14. Authorize Sheriff’s Office to accept donations of $1,000 from Amy L. Scott Family for Boat & Water Program; Gift cards - City of Walker – Chamber of Commerce -$100; Angels of St. Agnes – St. Agnes Church-$1,900.
15. Accept FY2014 MN Dept. of Public Safety grant (#3-22270) in the amount of $113,700 to support the Cass County/Leech Lake Wellness Court - Cass County Probation Office.
16. Approve Snowmobile Safety Enforcement Grant (#72158) with MN Department of Natural Resources in the amount of $7,183 from Nov. 30, 2013 through June 30, 2014 and $7,183 from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015.
17. Receive & file FY 2013 Region Five Development Commission Audit.
18. Receive & file FY Annual Report ending June 30, 2013 Rural MN CEP, Inc.
19. Approve financial contribution for FY2014 – County Agricultural Assoc. (Pine River) in the amount of $5,000.
20. Approve out of state travel for Stephen Sether to attend VSO Annual Conference on June 8-14, 2014 Grand Rapids, MI, and out of state travel for Jeff Woodford or Stephen Sether to attend quarterly continuing education training at Fargo VA Medical Center.
21. Approve ten HHVS Purchase of Service contracts from Jan. 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2014.
22. Approve grant application submission for HHVS to receive car seats from Minnesota’s Child Passenger Safety Program.
23. Receive & file HHVS Cash Account Balance Comparison and Child Service Costs through November 2013.
24. Receive & file Quarterly litigation report.
25. Approve pay requests for Cass County ARMER Project to MidStates Wireless – ARMER Remer School - $5,227.08.
26. Receive & file Deep Portage Conservation Reserve Audit ending Aug. 31, 2013, and 2012.
27. Approve Cass County/Leech Lake Reservation Children’s Initiative Collaborative Agreement.
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Statutory, Organizational & Regular County Board Meeting
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room, third floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
1. 9 a.m. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2 Reorganization of County Board
2.1. Election of Chair
2.2. Election of Vice Chair
3. Open Forum
4. Review & Approve 12/31/13 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
5. Review & Approve 1/7/14 Statutory, Organizational & Regular County Board Meeting Agenda
6. Approve Consent Agenda
6.2. Approval of 2013 State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
6.3. Contract with Brainerd Jaycees for Ice Fishing Extravaganza
6.4. Signature Resolution for 2014 Capital Projects for Airport Operations
6.5. Setting Minimum Salaries for Elected Officials
6.6. Exempt Gambling Permit
7. Prairie Bay Restaurant, Request to Park Mobile Food Truck on County Property - Nick Miller, General Manager
8. County Auditor-Treasurer
8.1. Award of 2014 Printing & Publishing Bid
8.2. 2014 New Tobacco Licenses
9. Land Services Department 9.1 Environmental Services
9.1.1. AHSCH, LLC - Land Use Map Amendment
10. County Administrator
10.1. Senior Management Team Report
10.2. Committee of the Whole Meeting Dates & Time
10.3. Resolution regarding Per Diems, Per Meeting Rates & Meeting Expenses
10.4. Resolution regarding Closed Meetings
11. 2014 Committee Appointments
11.1. 2014 AMC Delegate & Policy Committee Appointments
11.2. County Commissioner Committee Appointments
11.3. Citizen Committee Appointments
12. Committee Reports
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
10 a.m. Monday, Personnel Committee at County Administrator’s Conference Room
9 a.m. Tuesday, County Board Meeting at County Board Room
11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission’s Leases Committee at Airport Conference Room
9:30 a.m. Thursday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission at Airport Conference Room
9:30 a.m. Thursday, Rollie Johnson Natural & Recreational Area Joint Powers Board at Ideal Town Hall
Noon Thursday, Beyond The Yellow Ribbon Committee at Brainerd National Guard Armory
8:30 a.m. Jan. 13, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers at Meeting Room 1
Little Falls School Board
Meets 5 p.m. Monday
County Commissioners’ Board Room
Morrison County Government Center
213 Southeast First Ave., Little Falls
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of agenda
4. Reorganization items
4.1. Election of officers
4.2. Establishment of board member remuneration
4.3. Board member committee and other assignments
4.4. 2014 regular board meeting schedule
5. Public comments
6. Consent agenda
6.2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
6.3. Presentation of bills for payment
6.4. Designation of depositories
6.5. Authorization to invest excess district funds
6.6. Authorization for use of board chairperson’s/treasurer’s facsimile signature as necessary to transact district business
6.7. Designation of legal counsel
6.8. Designation of official newspaper
6.9. Authorization of payment of district obligations in advance of board approval
6.10. Authorization for the administration to execute certain agreements on the district’s behalf
7. Resolution for acceptance of gifts
8. Reports from board members
10. Old or unfinished business
10.1. EMLF Seniority List
11. New business
11.1. 2014-15 Enrollment projections
11.2. 2014-15 Budget assumptions
11.3. Resolution authorizing the superintendent to identify and recomment the elimination or reduction of, and/or modification to, District Services, staff, positions, offerings and other areas for the 2014-15 school year, as needed
11.4. Additional signatory for Pine Country Bank, if needed