Personnel Committee to meet
■ Rental Property Owners/Rental Property Managers meeting
The Rental Property Owners/Rental Property Managers meeting will be 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Brainerd Police Station conference room.
Speakers will be from Weichert Realty on fair housing and the Housing and Redevelopment Authority.
■ 55+ driver improvement
The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will be offering a 55+ Driver Improvement Course on the following days:
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday (4 hour refresher), Crosslake Community Center-Comm. Ed., 14126 Daggett Pine Road, Crosslake.
• Noon to 4 p.m., Jan. 16 (4 hour refresher), Pine River State Bank, 103 Mill St. S., Pine River.
• 5:30-9:30 p.m., Jan. 16 (4 hour refresher), Crosby-Ironton Senior High-Comm. Ed., 711 Poplar St., Crosby.
• Noon to 4 p.m., Jan. 17 (4 hour refresher), Lutheran Church of the Cross, 5064 County Road 13, Nisswa.
• 1-5 p.m., Jan. 27 (4 hour refresher), St. Agnes Church, 210 Division St., Walker.
The Driver Improvement course is open to the public; pre-registration is required. A MN Highway Safety & Research Center certified instructor teaches this class. By utilizing the most up-to-date research in the field, participants will be provided the latest information in regards to driver safety, new laws, and vehicle technology. The fee for the four hour refresher course is $20 and the eight hour course is $24. For more information or to register, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call 888-234-1294.
Persons age 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years, according to Minnesota law. First time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four hour refresher class every three years to maintain the 10 percent discount.
■ Personnel committee to meet
The Brainerd School District Personnel Committee will meet at 4:45 p.m. Thursday at the Washington Educational Services Building. Officials will move into closed session to discuss labor group contract negotiation strategy.