Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Carbon monoxide detected in garage

Carbon monoxide detected in garage

BAXTER — The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 12:11 p.m. Wednesday to check the carbon monoxide level at a residence on the 11800 block of River Vista Drive in Baxter.

Firefighters investigated and determined that carbon monoxide was found in the garage from a vehicle that had been running.

Capt. Kurt Doree reminds people to always back their vehicle out of the garage when they leave it running, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Doree said carbon monoxide from the vehicle can quickly build up and be deadly for people to breath. If the garage is attached to the home, the fumes can spread into the house.

Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889
Advertisement