MNsure navigator will be available at Brainerd library
MNsure navigator will be available at Brainerd Public Library
A certified MNsure navigator will be available at Brainerd Public Library to assist the public in accessing health care through the MNsure website by appointment January through March. A MNsure navigator is a trained and certified specialist, ready to assist anyone in the community who wants to apply for health care insurance through the Minnesota version of the affordable care act, MNsure. A MNsure navigator can help people to:
• Find the best and most affordable insurance.
• Fill out MNsure applications.
• Enroll you and your family for health insurance
Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge, a Certified MNsure navigator, Ron Juntunen will be available at the Brainerd Public Library:
• From 5 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. on the follow Tuesdays: Jan. 28, Feb. 11, Feb 25, March 11 and March 25.
• From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the following Wednesdays: Jan. 29, Feb. 12, Feb 26, March 12 and March 26.
Register to meet with the navigator by calling the library at 829-5574.
Those individuals already on Medical Assistance or Minnesota Care do not need to meet with a navigator at this point. The county and the state will handle the conversion on those cases.
Navigators will be able to assist people without insurance or those who wish to find insurance before the end of the enrollment period of March 31. Navigators are not insurance agents or brokers. The consultation is free of charge and available to all community members regardless of income.
Navigators also welcome calls and appointments at their respective locations. A list of certified navigators in Crow Wing County includes:
• Tri-County Community Action, 829-2410, extension 9066.
• Northern Pines, 829-3235.
• Project Care, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid 320-253-0121, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge, MNsure manager, Ron Juntunen 612-238-6168, email@example.com.
For a list of all navigators in Minnesota, check the MNsure website at www.mnsure.org.