The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 9:40 a.m. Wednesday to Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites, 7208 Fairview Dr., to what turned out to be a false alarm.
Then at 10:21 a.m., firefighters responded to 9890 Homeplace Drive in Barrows to check on the carbon monoxide levels in the home. It was reported that a vehicle was running in a garage and that it could have caused the detectors to go off.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.