Cass County agenda-March 2
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room Courthouse, Walker
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
Reno Wells – HHVS Director.
a. Certificate of Appreciation presentation – Ken Nordin - Fraud Prevention Specialist retirement. Request to be heard.
Jeff Poenix – Kootasca Community Action.
a. Discussion on affordable care act, and MNsure.
John Ringle – ESD Director.
a. Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) program match.
Tom Burch – Sheriff, Tim Richardson – Central Services Director.
a. Replacement of LEC Records system.
Sharon Anderson – Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Receive and file 2014 “Tax stuffer.”
b. Electronic payroll system – Sheriff’s Office.
Kris Lyytinen – Assistant Highway Engineer, Laura Hadrava - Construction/Design Engineer.
a. Approve Resolution No. 14–14 on completion of CR 159 revocation to Shingobee Township.
b. Approve Resolution No.15-14 acknowledging federal funds being recommended for Project
011-677-013 – CSAH 77 in the City of Lake Shore.
c. Award high bidder sale of four diesel fuel tanks and pumps sold by on-line auction.
d. Discuss Highway Department 2014 equipment purchases.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule:
a. Upper MHB Prioritization Planning Meeting, 8:30 a.m. April 2, Chase on the Lake,
1. Approve Board Minutes of Feb. 18, 2014.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Feb. 13, 2014, in the amount of $272,484.86.
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated Feb. 20, 2014, in the amount of $102,802.35.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Feb. 21, 2014, in the amount of $166,166.97.
5. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Feb. 21, 2014, in the amount of $81,939.06
6. Approve personnel items.
7. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
8. Receive & file - HHVS Cash Account Balance Comparison and Child Service Costs through January 2014.
9. Receive & file Office of State Auditor engagement letter to provide audit services to Cass County through Dec. 31, 2014.
10. Approve one HHVS purchase of service contracts: Addendum to Community Support Services Program service agreement for adults, supported employment services for adults from Jan. 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2014, with no financial changes;
11. Approval of fire contracts for Unorganized Townships from Jan. 1, 2014 – Dec. 31, 2014 for Walker Area Joint Fire Department $550.30/yr. (same as 2013).
12. Receive and file Medical Examiners statistics from Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013.
13. Receive and file Region Five Development Commission notification of commission packets posted on Region Five website.
14. Receive and file Cass Lake Area Rural Fire Association cost of fire protection for 2015.
15. Receive and file timber auction results of Feb. 27, 2014.
16. Approve request to use county administered land in conjunction with a SnowCross race using snowmobiles on the Moondance Jam site contingent on receiving proper documentation.
Items on the Consent Agenda are reviewed in total by the County Board and may be approved through one motion. Any item of the Consent Agenda may be removed by any Commissioner for separate consideration.