To help or learn more
■ To help or learn more
• Interested in becoming a donor? There is more information about kidney donation at www.uofmmedicalcenterlivingdonor.org. The Newbys’ insurance covers costs of those inquiring about being a donor so there are no out-of-pocket costs for the donor. The family reported each kidney transplant work-up costs about $10,000.
• GiveForward will be used to help cover the cost of incidental costs contributed to Wyatt’s care away from home.
• To help or learn more about the nonprofit Brighter Days Foundation, go to https://www.facebook.com/Brighterdaysfoundation.
• The Northern Plaid Festival, July 26 at the Northland Arboretum is a fundraiser for Brighter Days Foundation. It features an arts and crafts fair, 5K walk/run and fun run, food and beverage stands, activities for children and live music. Cost is $5 at the gate. Children 16 and younger are free. For more information, http://www.northernplaidfestival.com
• To keep up with Wyatt Newby’s journey, check out his Caring Bridge website at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/wyatttnewby.