Pillager personnel committee meeting-April 13
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter
The Baxter City Council will conduct a work session on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at 5:30 p.m. at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, MN for the purposes of discussing the Woida Project Update, Baxter Water Quality Project for the Whiskey Creek Tributary to the Mississippi River-Grant Opportunities, MS4 Staffing, Isle Drive Update, and Park Dedication Credit Transfer and Park Dedication Credit for Trail Construction for Kuepers, Inc.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Minutes from April 1, 2014
B. Approve City Council Work Session Minutes from April 1, 2014
C. Approve City Council Special Minutes from April 10, 2014
D. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report
E. Accept the Utilities Commission Minutes of April 2, 2014
1. Approve the WSN Engineering Amendment for the Falcon Drive Project in the Not to Exceed amount of $850.
F. Approve Temporary Gambling License for Ruffed Grouse Society
G. Approve Temporary On-Sale Liquor License for the American Legion Post #255 for a Private Event at the Northland Arboretum
H. Approve Special Event Permit for Brainerd Lakes Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on June 28, 2014
I. Approve Acquisition of Properties for Future Street and Park Improvements
J. Appoint Seasonal Public Works Maintenance Employees
K. Approve the Parks & Trails Department Truck Purchase
L. Approve the Oscar Kristofferson Park Trail Extension
M. Approve the Loren Thompson Park Trail Extension
N. Approve the Riverview Park Trail Extension
O. Schedule a Public Hearing for the Certification of Delinquent Utility Bills, Invoices, and Abatements for Tuesday, June 3, 2013 at 7:00 p.m., or shortly thereafter.
P. Approve Extension for Autumn Glen 2nd Addition Plat
Q. Accept Planning Commission Minutes from April 15, 2014
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Planning and Zoning Actions.
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-22 Approving a Conditional Use Permit for Planned Unit Development Amendment to allow two, six-unit rental buildings located at 13104 Cypress Drive.
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
A. Closed Meeting under Minnesota Statute 13D.05, Subd. 3(c)(3) to develop an offer for the purchase of real property.
B. Closed Meeting under Minnesota Statute 13D.05, Subd. 3(b) Attorney Client Privilege
10. City Administrator’s Report
Meets 11:30 a.m. April 17
Washington Educational Services Building, 804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Call to Order
2. 2015-16 School Calendar Information
3. Math Technology Survey Update
4. GT Update
5. Student Handbook - Substantive Changes
A. Policy #501 - School Weapons Policy
6. Policy #606 - Resource Selection Policy Discussion
7. Any other such business that may come before the board
Brainerd School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
Washington Educational Services Building, 804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. Roll Call
2. District Recognitions
A. Congratulations to TJ Graves for becoming one of the Minnesota FFA 2014 Stars in Agri Business finalist and to Josh Studniski for becoming one of the Minnesota FFA 2014 Start Farmer Finalists.
3. Community Forum 4. Approval of Minutes
A. Regular School Board Meeting - March 17, 2014
B. Special School Board Meeting - March 31, 2014
C. Special School Board - Superintendent First Interviews - April 2, 2014
D. Special School Board - Superintendent First Interviews - April 3, 2014
E. Special School Board Meeting - Superintendent Final Interviews - April 7th, 8th, & 9th, 2014
5. Consent Calendar
A. Certified Staff Resignations
B. New Certified Staff Employees
C. Non-Teaching Employee Resignations
E. Ratify Payment of Bills
6. New Business
A. For Action
1) Gifts & Grants Approval
2) Resolution of support for Garfield SRTS
3) First Reading of Policy #727 - Establishing School Attendance Areas 4) First Reading of Policy #619 - Staff Development Revision
5) Appeal of Reevaluation Committee Decision
6) Tentative Agreement with Certified Staff
7) Tentative Agreement with Educational Assistants Staff
1) School Board Member Reports - General
2) Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Bob Nystrom
3) Brainerd Public Schools Foundation Report - Reed Campbell
4) Curriculum Report - Deb Lechner
5) Business Services’ Report - Steve Lund
6) Superintendent’s Report - Steve Razidlo
a. Harrison Building & Grounds
b. Additional Staffing Discussion
7. Committee Reports
A. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee - Ruth Nelson
1) Met March 27, 2014
B. Facilities Committee - Chris Robinson
C. Finance/Insurance Committee - Reed Campbell
D. Legislative Committee - Sue Kern
E. Long Range Planning Committee - Tom Haglin
F. Personnel Committee - Bob Nystrom
8. Future Board & Committee Meetings
A. Curriculum Committee Meeting - April 17, 2014 at 11:30 a.m.
B. Finance Committee Meeting - May 8, 2014 at 11:30 a.m.
C. Regular School Board Meeting - May 12, 2014 at 6 p.m.
D. Retired Teacher Dinner - May 14, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
9. Any other such business that may properly come before the board.
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Land Department Meeting Room
218 Washburn Avenue East, Backus
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Ad-Hoc Committee Transit and Ad-Hoc Committee Solid Waste.
c. Leech Lake Band Liaison Committee.
Cheryall Lee Hills – Region Five Development Commission.
a. Update on Region Five.
Josh Stevenson – Land Commissioner, Kevin Dahlman – Assistant Land Commissioner.
a. Receive & file Land Department 2013 Annual Report.
b. Report back from SWCD Board Meeting of April 3, 2014.
Kris Lyytinen – Assistant County Engineer.
a. Award bids on 2014 – CM2014-1 roadway striping and aggregate surfacing & production.
b. Approve purchase of Lots 1 thru 4, Blk. 23, (PID#85-344-2310); Lots 13 thru 20, Blk. 23, (PID#85-
344-2350); Lot 24, Blk. 23, West Cass Lake, City of Cass Lake in the total amount of $14,541.20.
Tim Richardson – Central Services Director
a. Authorize selection of website design vendor.
Reno Wells – HHVS Director.
a. Receive and file Cass County HHVS 2013 Annual Report.
John Ringle – ESD Director.
a. Receive and file the 1st quarter ESD Activity Report for 2014.
b. Approve Conservation Easement granted by Leech Lake Area Watershed Foundation for 151 acres
of forest, 5.7 acres of wetlands, and 1,600 ft. of shoreline on Rice Portage Lake, 1,370 feet of shoreline on Deep Portage Lake, and 1,205 feet of shoreline along Elbow Lake in Section 7 and Section 18 of Ponto Lake Twp., Cass County, Minnesota.
Executive Session - Attorney client privilege closed to the public pursuant to M.S. 13D.05, Subd.3.(b). to discuss pending litigation (trespass).
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
1. Approve Board Minutes of April 1, 2014.
2. Approve Auditor manual warrants dated March 2014 in the amount of $691,634.17.
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated March 27, 2014 in the amount of $403,164.41.
4. Approve Auditor warrants dated March 31, 2014 in the amount of $319.28.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated April 3, 2014 in the amount of $90,625.23.
6. Receive & file - Monthly Budget Reports.
7. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated April 4, 2014 in the amount of $69,394.31.
8. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated April 4, 2014 in the amount of $53,522.94.
9. Approve personnel items.
10. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
11. Receive & file Auditor -Treasurer’s Interest Income Report for March 2014.
12. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
13. Authorize 1st quarter Longville Ambulance Subordinate Service District payment in the amount of $102,750.
14. Receive & file Probation Department amended Remote Electronic Alcohol Monitoring (REAM) Grant for additional funding of $3,000 for a total of $20,000 (FY2014 in the amount of $11,500 and FY2015 in the amount of $8,500) original grant was $17,000.
15. Approve HHVS purchase of service contract: MN Dept. of Health Follow Along Program (new program) from April 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015 with financial changes not to exceed $3,814.
16. Approve purchase and installation of window blinds for areas in the historic Courthouse not to exceed $8,872 (Source of funds- capital budget).
17. Amend HRA lease agreement termination notice from ninety (90)days to twenty four (24) months.
18. Award the contract to Lawrence Valuation Service LLC for all three parcels not to exceed $2,400.
19. Approve capital project payments: Ferrellgas (Acct#3613778) Highway Shops upgrades- $295.32 (furnace hook-up – Longville); Mark Beard (Acct.#0006) in the amount of $100; Pine River PO; Zuercher Technologies, LLC in the amount of $147,062.50 upgrade Sheriff’s Office Records/Dispatch System.
20. Accept donations from Orhan Soykan in the amount of $10 ; American Legion Post No. 202 – Hackensack, in the amount of $300 for transportation program.
21. Approve fee schedule increase of HHVS Child and Teen Checkup from $264 to $300 and Early Childhood Screening charge from $388 to $397 recommended by the HHVS Advisory Board on March 24, 2014.
22. Receive and file March 2014 EDC Activity Report.
Crow Wing County
Committee of the Whole
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room, 2nd floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
1. 9 a.m. Grant Application for Needs & Improvements at Crow Wing County Museum - Reid Thiesse
2. 9:30 a.m. Tenant & Lease Agreement Policy Draft - Tim Houle
3. 10 a.m. MN Transportation Alliance 42nd Annual Washington, D.C. Fly-in - Tim Bray
4. 10:30 a.m. Revisions to Alarm Ordinance - Tina Elder
5. 11 a.m. Legislative Issues - Tim Houle
5.1. Employee Protections for New Joint Powers Agreements
5.2. Change in Definition of Confidential Employees
Crow Wing County Committee meetings
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
8:30 a.m. Monday, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers at Meeting Room 2
9 a.m. Tuesday, Committee of the Whole at Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room
2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Airport Commission’s Economic and Commercial Development Committee at Airport Conference Room
3 p.m. Tuesday, Historical Society Committee at Crow Wing County Museum
9 a.m. Wednesday, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee at CMCC Administration Office
3 p.m. Wednesday, Community Health Services Advisory Committee at Health Conference Room
5 p.m. Thursday, Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment at County Board Room
5 p.m. Thursday, TCC (Tri-County Community Action Program, Inc.) Board of Directors at Little Falls
9 a.m. Friday, Mississippi Headwaters Board at Walker
10 a.m. April 21, Personnel Committee at County Administrator’s Conference Room
7 p.m. April 21, Crow Wing County Association of Township Officers Annual Meeting at Lake Edward Town Hall
Nisswa City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
Call to Order 7 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve Minutes of March 19 and March 24
Park & Rec
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce
A. Approve 2013 Audit
B. Nisswa American Legion Poppy Days Proclamation
C. Planning Commission Recommendation to Rezone Property from Shoreland Residential-Non Riparian to Highway Business at 4671 Upper Roy Lake Rd
D. Planning Commission Recommendation to Sell Public Parcel with Legal Description: Pt of the SE1/4 of NE1/4 of Section 11
E. Freedom Service Health Savings Account Administration Agreement
F. Discussion of Appointing Person to Fill Council Vacancy (vacated by Jan Pierce)
G. Resolution Accepting Tina Foster Resignation from Council and Declaring a Council Vacancy
A. Charter Cable Franchise Renewal
B. Surveillance Camera Discussion
C. Sound System Proposal for Council Chambers
D. Codification of City Codes Discussion
B. Council Members
Presentation of claims
Curriculum Committee Meeting
Pillager Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Thursday
I. Call to order
II. Middle School Model
III. Middle School State Recognition
IV. Middle School Leadership
V. Inclusion Progress/In-Servicing Update
Personnel Committee meeting
Pillager Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Tuesday
I. Call to order
II. School Readiness Teacher Recommendation
III. LD Teacher Recommendation
IV. DCD Teacher Recommendation
V. MS/HS Teacher Request
VI. Posted Speech and School Nurse Positions
VII. Possible Additional Posts - 1st and 5th grade
VIII. Teacher Resignation
IX. Middle School Leadership