Pillager School Board budget committee agenda
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
The Baxter City Council will conduct a work session 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, for the purposes of discussing emergency management updates with Jim Bowen, Crow Wing County Emergency Manager; Woida Project Update; Council Committee’s personnel recommendations on updated job descriptions, planner position, and personnel policy update; Falcon Drive update; and Excelsior Road project update.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Minutes from April 15, 2014
B. Approve City Council Work Session Minutes from April 15, 2014
C. Approve Special City Council Minutes from April 16, 2014
D. Approve Special City Council Minutes from April 23, 2014
E. Approve Special City Council Minutes from April 29, 2014
F. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report
G. Appoint Seasonal Park Attendant Employees
H. Approve Ordinance No. 2014-11 Amending the Text of Title 8 Public Utilities Section 8-1-4: Water Availability Charge (WAC) and Section 8-2-15: Sewer Availability Charge (SAC)
I. Approve Ordinance No. 2014-12 Summary of Ordinance No. 2014-11
J. Long Range Planning Commission Minutes from April 14, 2014
K. Long Range Planning Commission Minutes from April 28, 2014
L. Parks and Trails Commission Minutes from April 28, 2014
M. Approve Advertising for the City Planner Position
N. Approve Updated Job Descriptions
O. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-24 Ordering Preparation of Proposed Assessment
P. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-25 Hearing on Proposed Assessment
Q. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-26 Supporting the Isle Drive Extension to County State Aid Highway 48
R. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-27 2018 Cypress Drive Project
S. Approve the HDR proposal for a feasibility study for the Baxter Water Quality Project for the Whiskey Creek Tributary to the Mississippi River at a not to exceed amount of $14,993.00.
T. Approve Pay Estimate #2 to St Croix Recreation for the 2014 Whipple Lake Recreational facility kitchen and picnic pavilion project in the amount of $2,905.02.
U. Approve Pay Estimate #1 to St Croix Recreation for the 2014 Berrywood Park picnic pavilion project in the amount of $1,526.16
V. Approve Special Event Permit for Mills Fleet Farm 5th Annual Baxter 4K Run on May 31, 2014
W. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-28 Finding a Parcel is Occupied by a Structurally Substandard Building
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Approve Ordinance No. 2014-09 to Regulate Liquor Sales and/or Consumption for Non-Enclosed Premises
B. Approve Ordinance No. 2014-10 Summary of Ordinance No. 2014-09 to Regulate Liquor Sales and/or Consumption for Non-Enclosed Premises
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
1. Report on Annual Performance Evaluation of City Administrator
9. City Administrator’s Report
10. City Attorney’s Report
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Agenda
5. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on April 21, 2014, as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses
1. Contractor’s Licenses – 1 – New
2. Contractor’s Licenses – 2 – Renewals
C. Department Activity Reports
1. Council President
3. Fire Chief
3. Park Director
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling – Application for Exempt Permit – Submitted by Vacationland Figure Skating Club, Inc., for a Raffle to be held on December 14, 2014 at the Brainerd Civic Center – Approval of
E. State Contract Vehicle Purchases – Approval of – (See Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda
F. Street and Sewer Maintenance II Position – Promotion of Marvin Bush, Effective May 6, 2014 with Wage Adjustment to $22.96 per hour in accordance with IUOE Local 49 (Streets) Union Contract
G. 2014 Summer Interns – Authorize Hiring of Two Summer Interns: Michaela Herfindahl and Robert Wanous to work Mid-May through Mid- August with the Engineering Department at a rate of $10 per hour
H. Call for Applicants:
Cable TV Advisory Committee – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2016
Transportation Advisory Committee – 1 Term to Expire on 12/31/2015
6. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
• Mr. Fred Sailer – KLN Family Brands of Perham, MN – Miracle League Support –Accept with Gratitude Donation and Authorize Initiation of “KLN for Kids” Program in Brainerd Area – (See Attachment & Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda)
• Mr. Tim Terrill, Mississippi Headwaters Board Stormwater Grant Information and Application – (See Attachment)
• Colonel St. Sauver – Camp Ripley Update
8. Council Committee Reports – (See Attached Agendas)
A – Personnel and Finance
B – Safety and Public Works
9. Unfinished Business
A. Public Hearing – Final Reading of Proposed Ordinance 1413 – An Ordinance Amending Brainerd Zoning Ordinance Section 515-2-2, 515-17-3, 515-54-5, 515-54-9, 515-54-11, 515-56-5, 515-56-9, AND 515-56-11 Regarding Small Houses and Infill – City Administrator Wussow recommends Dispensing with the Actual Reading – Approval of – (See Attachment)
10. New Business
A. 2nd Annual Walk and Wheel Night Thursday May 15, 2104 6:00 p.m. at Gregory Park Memo – Brief Promotional information to be Presented at Meeting
11. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief – SAFER Grant Update
G – Park Director
H – Council President
13. Council Other Committee Reports
Personnel and Finance
City of Brainerd
Meets 6:15 p.m. Monday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills
2. Fire Advisory Board – Update from April 30 meeting
3. CIP Follow-up – (See Attachment)
4. MCIT Insurance for Civic Center Ice Arena – Memo to be Provided at Meeting
5. State Contract Vehicle Purchases – Approval of
6. Downtown Motel – Discussion of
7. Parks Department
• Request to set up New Credit Card Account – Approval of
• KLN for Kids – Miracle League Fundraiser – Approval of
8. Engineering Department
• Street and Sewer Maintenance II Position – Promotion of Marvin Bush, Effective May 6 with Wage Adjustment to $22.96 per hour in accordance with IUOE Local 49 (Streets) Union Contract
• 2014 Summer Interns – Authorize Hiring of Two Summer Interns: Michaela Herfindahl and Robert Wanous to work Mid-May through Mid- August with the Engineering Department at a rate of $10 per hour
Safety and Public Works Committee
City of Brainerd
Meets 5:30 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Downtown Landscape Quotes
2. Downtown Special Services District Assessment Methodology
3. Buffalo Hills Lane
4. Fourth of July Event Street Closure Applications
A. Community Action
B. Eagles Club
5. Willow Street Bike Lanes
6. Sanitary Sewer – Holly St and Grove Street, N 9th St to N 10th St – discussion of
7. Improvement 13-06 – 28th Street Reconstruction – discussion of
8. 1223 Pine Street – discussion of
9. Storm and Sanitary Sewer Repairs
10. Medical Runs
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room Courthouse, Walker
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
Jeff Woodford – VSO.
a. Receive & file VSO Report.
John Ringle – ESD Director, Paul Fairbanks – Solid Waste Ofcr./County Planner.
a. Approve cardboard collection contracts.
b. Solid waste plan update on consultant contract.
Josh Stevenson – Land Commissioner.
a. Amend Land Sale Resolution No. 18-14 requesting purchase of Parcel #52(PIN#11-017-1100).
b. Approve matching funds not to exceed $1,500.00 to build a snowmobile trail shelter in Section
3 of Lower Trelipe Township.
c. Update on US Fish & Wildlife Service endangered species of northern long eared bat.
Mark Peterson – County Assessor.
a. Receive and file spring 2014 mini abstract.
David Enblom – Highway Engineer, Lori Koch – Fiscal Supervisor.
a. Receive and file 2013 Annual Report.
b. Approve project management on Lake Shore – CSAH#77.
c. Approve project management on Longville – CSAH#7.
Tim Richardson – Central Services Director.
a. Award contract on website re-design.
Public Hearing – Proposed Cass County 2015-2019 Capital Improvement Plan.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. County Board Meeting in Commissioner District #1, May 20 at 6 p.m. beginning at Pillager Town Hall, 306 Elm Avenue, Pillager, MN. Adjourn.
1. Approve Board Minutes of April 15, 2014.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated April 10, 2014, in the amount of $741,948.93
3. Approve Auditor warrants dated April 17, 2014, in the amount of $257,786.47.
4. Approve Auditor warrants dated April 24, 2014, in the amount of $93,954.35.
5. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated April 18, 2014, in the amount of $177,909.14.
6. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated April 18, 2014, in the amount of $109,354,47.
7. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated April 18, 2014, in the amount of $3,505.53.
8. Approve personnel items.
9. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
10. Approve - Distribution of Chippewa National Forest 25 percent Fund payment for 2013 in the amount of $283,548.22.
11. Approve - Law enforcement agreement’s with Moondance Jam, Inc. for the Country Jam on June 20-21, 2014 and for Moondance Jam on July 17-19, 2014.
12. Approve budgeted financial contribution for FY2014 – Cass County Ag. Society (Pillager) in the amount of $5,000.
13. Receive & file timber auction results of April 24, 2014 totaling 9,871.00 cords plus 10.400mbf saw timber totaling $264,380.74.
14. Accept donations to the Sheriff’s Office: $400 from Turtle Lake Township for STS crew for equipment; $500 from Fairview Twp. for Lakes Area Dive Team and $500 from Shingboee Twp. for Lakes Area Dive Team.
15. Receive & file STS quarterly report total of hours of 1,368 and value of hours worked at $8.00 totaling $10,944.00.
16. Approve quote on gate repair in Home Brook Township (SW 1⁄4 SW 1⁄4, 11-135-30) to Kurt Sawyer not to exceed $160.00.
17. Award quote for sealing/abandonment, and pit filling of existing sand point well on tax forfeit Parcel #45-012-2102 (N 1⁄2 NE NW Sec. 12, Twp.141 (Turtle Lake) Rge. 30 to Blue Water Wells not to exceed $700.
18. Approve Resolution No. 22-14 on GIA Trail assistance for 2014-2015 for Cass County Ski Trails; Snowmobile & All-Terrain Vehicles.
19. Approve Resolution No. 23-14 for Grant in-Aid application for ATV Trail Permit for Emily-Outing Trail from April 1, 2014 through March 31, 2019.
20. Authorize project management agreement with Mark Beard for Capital Maintenance Program through March 31, 2015.
21. Award garbage clean up on 14 tax forfeited parcels not to exceed $1,800.00 with Cass County paying all tipping fees directly to the transfer station or demolition land fill.
22. Award quotes for grading of Bungo/Moose Lake, Bull Moose, Deerfield and Old Grade forest access trails.
23. Receive & file - HHVS Cash Account Balance Comparison and Child Service Costs through March 2014.
24. Approve - HHVS purchase of service contract: Minnesota Counties Computer Cooperative from April 14, 2014 – March 31, 2016, County Attorney - MCAPS 4 Support Services Agreement from Jan. 1, 2012 – Dec. 31. 2019.
25. Award appraisal contract to Lawrence Valuation Service LLC not to exceed $10,800.00 for parcels that provide access to inaccessible public land and protect critical forest habitat.
26. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
Crow Wing County Committee meeting schedule
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
10 a.m. Tuesday, Personnel Committee at County Administrator’s Conference Room
Noon, Thursday, Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Committee at Brainerd National Guard Armory
7:30 a.m. Friday, Brainerd Lakes Area Economic Development Corporation Board at BLAEDC Office
8:30 a.m. May 12, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers at Meeting Room 2
Pillager School Board of Education
Budget Committee Meeting
Meets 7 a.m. Thursday
I. Call to Order
II. 2014 – 2015 Budget Proposal
Brainerd School Board special meeting
Meets 11:30 a.m. Monday
Washington Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
1. 11:30 a.m. - Call to Order
2. 11:35 a.m. - Closed session pursuant to Minnesota Statutes §122A.33 and §13D.05, Subd. 2 - opportunity to respond regarding non-renewal of coaching position.
3. 12:05 p.m. - Open session to consider any motions to be made following closed session.