Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Boys accidently start small grass fire

Email

Two 9-year-old boys accidentally started a small grass fire Tuesday when they were playing with a lighter, reported the Brainerd Fire Department.

Firefighters were called at 5:48 p.m. to the area located behind the baseball fields at Central Lakes College. The grass fire was about 30- by 40-feet in size.

Firefighters used their Mule vehicle to get to the grass fire, along with their backpack equipment. The fire was extinguished and firefighters cleared the scene at 6:35 p.m.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness