General Motors recalls 3 million vehicles globally
May 15 (Reuters) - General Motors Co said on Thursday it has issued five more recalls, covering almost 3 million vehicles globally, including 2.7 million in the United States.
The largest of the recalls will include the Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura cars, GM said.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Total recall - 2.7 million
• About 2.4 million Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura cars between model years 2004-2012 will be recalled for possible tail lamp malfunctions. GM said it was aware of several hundred complaints, 13 crashes and two injuries but no fatalities as a result of the condition.
• More than 111,000 Chevrolet Corvette sports cars from the 2005-2007 model years for potential loss of the low-beam function in head lamps. The company said it was aware of several hundred complaints as a result of the condition but no crashes, injuries or fatalities.
• Just over 140,000 Chevrolet Malibu sedans from the 2014 model year for possible issues that could make it harder to press the brake pedal. GM said it was aware of four crashes but added that it was not clear if they were related to the condition. No injuries were known from those crashes.
• Over 19,200 Cadillac CTS sedans 2013-2014 models for potential windshield wiper failures. GM said it was unaware of any crashes or injuries due to the condition.
• Nearly 480 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra pickup trucks and Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs from model years 2014 and 2015 for a possible defect that can lead to loss of steering. The issue was discovered and corrected during assembly after the small number of vehicles was released, GM said.
Total recall - 201,683
• Over 194,000 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx, Pontiac G6 andSaturn Aura cars• About 3,000 Chevrolet Corvette 2005-2007 models• A total of 732 Cadillac CTS 2014 models• About 3,500 Chevrolet Malibu 2014 models• 33 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra pickup trucks; Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs from model years 2014-2015
Total recall - 1,257
• A total of 94 Cadillac CTS 2014 models• Over 1,160 Chevrolet Malibu 2014 models
EXPORTED OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA
Total recall - 76,018
• About 68,800 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx, Pontiac G6 andSaturn Aura cars• About 5,700 Chevrolet Corvette 2005-2007 models• A total of 1,512 Cadillac CTS 2014 models• 10 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra pickup trucks, Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs from model years 2014-2015