2014 hunting death of Laporte man ruled accidental
MAHNOMEN - The investigation into the 2014 hunting death of a Laporte man has been completed and ruled accidental.
Paul Scholl, 50, was leaving his hunting area about 16 miles southeast of Mahnomen on Nov. 8, 2014, when he was shot, according to the Mahnomen County Sheriff’s Office.
Scholl’s two brothers-in-law picked him up and brought him to an ambulance. Scholl was taken to the Mahnomen Health Center where he was pronounced dead.
The Mahnomen County Sheriff’s Office last week said their office and the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigation, which included blood and physical evidence, as well as statements, forensics and photos, has been completed and that the death has been ruled accidental.
The case has been closed and no further action will be taken, the sheriff’s office said.