Obama and the progressives are moving us to socialism as quickly as they can.
Socialism has not now, nor ever, worked in any country.
Here are some lessons learned by countries that have tried:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from someone else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end or that nation.
Obama, Franken, Klobuchar — and you other “progressives” — learn from what others have learned. It don’t work!