No idle threat
Did you notice whom Obama threatened when he wasn’t getting his way on raising the debt ceiling? He threatened not to pay:
• Social Security retirees;
• Military retirees;
• Social Security Disability; and
Now let this sink in:
• He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens.
• He did not threaten to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates.
• He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired.
• He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife’s frivolous gallivanting around — $20 Million already spent on family vacations. (One million on a Florida golf outing.) It’s our money, why not?
• He didn’t threaten farm subsidies.
• He did not threaten not to pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff.
• He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients or to stop the free cell phones they get.
• He did not threaten the food stamp programs.
• He did not threaten to reduce payments in foreign aid.
• He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters.
• The list could go on and on. He is in full political mode!
I have been a Republican my whole life who believes we should not get something for nothing. My views obviously conflict with the Democrats that seem to be “giving away” the country’s wealth (debt) to those that prefer not to work.
Because I’ve seen again now that our current Congress and the president cannot work together, I will no longer vote for any incumbent. I believe we need a totally fresh start with leaders that know they will not be automatically reelected because they are incumbents. The life-long senator and house member terms have to be cut down if we want real change.