What are they smoking?
All the Obama gloom-and-doom fiction that’s been floating around for the last five years confirms that he is really an inspiration to many Americans, especially nut-jobs. Ever since he first appeared on stage, a cottage industry of conservative conspiracy theorists have churned out a vat of paranoid, bizarre and racist rubbish. This stuff is funnier than a bumper sticker and the nut jobs believe it. Here’s just a sample of five years of the most ridiculous claims:
• Obama engineered Hurricane Sandy with a Pentagon weather modification project to hype climate change.
• Michele Bachmann warned that: “Young people will be put into mandatory service in re-education camps run by liberals.”
• Obama convinced Americans to vote for him by using neurolinguistic programming. Rush Limbaugh thought hypnosis explained why Jewish voters supported Obama. In October 2012 Georgia GOP lawmakers actually held a briefing on the president’s “secret mind-control plot.”
• Conspiracy theorist Andy Martin told Sean Hannity that Obama has trained for a “radical overthrow of the government.”
• The Obama administration supports the United Nations small arms treaty, which would lead to a nationwide gun confiscation.
• Obama is bringing 100 million Muslims to America to Islamify the country by 2016.
• Obama was born in Kenya. This conspiracy theory is led by tea party Republican goofball Donald Trump and birther queen Orly Taitz.
• Obama secretly gave away islands to Russia. In fact, the seven Arctic Islands at issue were ceded in 1991 by George H.W. Bush.
• Then there’s the silly movie “2016 Obama’s America.” Fantasy! ...’nuff said.
Mendacity is the world of Tea Party Republicans. They made Obama the butt of every nut job conspiracy you can dream up.
One has to ask: “What are these people smoking?”