Enjoying spring break — north country style
If you aren’t one who is heading for warmer climates over spring break, here are some options to keep you and the kids busy:
• Look for deer antlers sheds.
• While you’re roaming the trails and field edges, look for signs of turkeys and deer.
• Ice fishing. This is prime time for panfish; the sunnies, crappies and perch are starting to eat more as they move shallow. This won’t last long, so get out there, and remember your ice creepers.
• How about a one-night stay at one of our many hotel, motels or resorts? Do a little water sliding or whatever else you do when you are away from home.
• How about a home and garage cleanup, inside and out? It won’t be long and we will be busier than bees, so now is the time to clean, throw and organize.
Fun stuff to do over spring break, and at least you are being productive. Not lying down on your towel soaking in the sun doing absolutely nothing while sipping your Fresca.