BHS Triathlon course changes
Due to the construction on College Drive and safety concerns on the previous route in Baxter, the course for Saturday’s Brainerd High School Triathlon will be changed.
The event will begin at 7 a.m. and finish about 2 p.m.
The swim is one mile in the BHS pool, the bike is 25 miles and the run is six miles.
The triathlon will begin early enough to hopefully have all students past the Paul Bunyan Trail head in Baxter before the Northern Lakes Arthritis Walk begins at 10 a.m. The triathlon will again access the trail for the run after the arthritis walk has been completed.
Following are the new courses:
1. After swim at BHS go to lower parking lot
2. Ride up East River Road
3. Left on Laurel St.
4. Right on Southwest 4th St.
5. Left on Paul Bunyan Trail
6. Continue on PB Trail to Wise Road
7. Right on Wise Road
8. Right on Riverside Drive
9. Right on Beaver Damn Road back to Paul Bunyan Trail
10. Riders will complete 2 more loops starting at PB Trail at Beaver Dam and go up to Wise Road, around Riverside Drive and back on Beaver Damn
1. Transition from bike to run at PB Trail parking lot on Beaver Dam Road
2. Run back on trail to access sidewalk to Cypress Drive
3. Run one complete loop of Cypress Drive and back on trail using same walk
4. Run trail back to Brainerd
5. Right on Southwest 4th St.
6. Cross and turn left on Laurel St.
7. Right on East River Road
8. Finish on BHS track