Twins coaching clinic March 2 in Baxter
The Minnesota Twins Play Ball! Minnesota Coaching Clinic will take place from 1-4 p.m. March 2, at the Forestview Middle School gymnasium in Baxter.
There is no charge and no pre-registration.
The clinic is for area baseball coaches, including those that coach summer recreation, high school, VFW, Legion, college and amateur teams.
The clinic is designed to teach coaching techniques in all of the key aspects of the game. Clinics are perfect for beginner coaches and are a great way for experienced coaches to learn new concepts and techniques.
The clinic is divided into two 90-minute sessions. The first session covers defensive techniques and the second covers offensive techniques as well as tips and hints to improve overall skills.
The Twins provide all the instruction equipment needed. Participants are asked to bring any materials they need to record notes.
The instruction outline includes:
• Infield and outfield: Fundamentals, and individual and team drills.
• Throwing and pitching: Correct technique, arm care and drills.
• Catching: Correct technique and drills.
• Hitting: Fundamentals, hints to look for a good/bad swing and drills.
• Baserunning: Correct technique and drills.
• Coaching hints: Handling parents and umpires, creating practice and assistant coaches plans, and keeping practice fun, short and effective.
The clinic is sponsored by the Brainerd Parks and Recreation Department in coordination with Brainerd Community Education/Baxter Parks and Recreation.